Listening to Podcasts at increased speed

Userlevel 1
Hi,

Most podcast apps allow to trim silences and speed up the content (x1.5, x2, ...). Is there any service on Sonos that allows speeding up/trimming silence on podcasts?
I am currently using PocketCast, unfortunately it doesn’t offer that option.

Alex.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
I take it as a no? I see posts from 2012 with that same question. I was hoping that 5 years later it'd have been implemented?
I would guess that its importance as an implementation hasn't risen to the necessary level yet. I don't think I've ever seen them say "no" to anything, only that they'll pass on the request to the dev team. There's not been a lot of requests for it, but it has been a relatively constant request, popping up at least once a month (as a guess).
Add me as a customer looking forward to such features. Either in the Sonos app itself, or a tighter integration between the Pocketcast app itself and the Sonos speakers.
This is important to me too. What are the beat podcast services in Sonos? I’m using TuneIn right now. I wish I could use Overcast.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Please make this happen, as this is something that holds me back from buying more Sonos speakers.
I wonder if you are hurting your cause by spamming the same thing in so many threads.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks for the heads up. My intention has been to add my voice to all relevant threads on this matter, with the goal being to add volume to the demand. As my message is sincere and aimed at relevant threads, I find it difficult to deem my action as spam.
Please, please prioritize this. I very rarely listen to podcasts at recorded speed and would really like to be able to playback podcasts at variable speeds (1.2, 1.5, 1.7x), specifically via PocketCasts.
Please do not post the same message in multiple old threads. A single post is enough.
Please do not post the same message in multiple old threads. A single post is enough.
I work in the field and know it can be difficult to raise feedback in a way it will be seen. This feature has a lot of interest but hasn't been built after years. Since I have no way of knowing there Sonos' attention is, it seems best to show my interest broadly.
Sonos has repeatedly said that the read every single post made, but don't have the opportunity to answer all posts.

To many of us, these multiple posts remind us of the child in the back seat of the car, asking "are we there yet?" over, and over and over.

Please do not post the same message in multiple old threads. A single post is enough.I work in the field and know it can be difficult to raise feedback in a way it will be seen. This feature has a lot of interest but hasn't been built after years. Since I have no way of knowing there Sonos' attention is, it seems best to show my interest broadly.

I assure you, the best method is to post once. Repeatedly flooding the forum with the same message is just Spam, and is ignored. Sonos knows how many people want this and what impact on development it will take to implement. Spam posting to multiple necro-threads is not going to change that. There's a difference between 100 posts by 100 people, and 10 posts in 10 threads by one person, and it's not too hard to figure that difference out,
I'm brand new here. Sorry for my ignorance.