Answered

Listening to Audiobooks through Sonos

• 4 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi,

I purchase audiobooks through IBooks. I might look into a Audible subscription, but ITunes is OK for now.

I'm trying to play on them through Sonos but I can't see the author or book name when I search my library. (I've refreshed the Music Index).

I've downloaded the audiobook and copied it onto my NAS drive in the same folder as all the music.

The audiobook is a MPEG-4 Audio file, so I'm not sure if Sonos can read those. My music files are M4A Files.

Does anyone know if playing audiobooks in this way is possible?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Richard Pocock 4 April 2018, 21:19

Hi

I found an answer. Airplay to Apple TV from the IBooks App. I have a playbar so I can then group any speakers I like.

Nice ?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi

I found an answer. Airplay to Apple TV from the IBooks App. I have a playbar so I can then group any speakers I like.

Nice ?
Nice solution.

Coming some time this year, Sonos will be implementing Airplay 2 direct to some unknown list of Sonos devices. I think the only one we know for sure is the Sonos One, but I don’t think Sonos is far enough along in the implementation to be able to say much yet, since Apple has been altering it over and over again. But in the meantime, you’re sitting pretty.