Question

Listen again capability wihout Airplay

• 2 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Listen again capability without airplay. I think I know the answer to this but in the absence of airplay is there any possible means of listening again to BBC programmes without airplay and without having to buy another speaker - this time with airplay. I know I can listen to dedicated podcasts but it would appear there is no way I can access the vast listen again archive on the BBC. I see that the Spotify app has the ability to access the speaker without Airplay but not so the BBC. 

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, but you may find it complicated to set up, as it involves installing a 3rd pary server on another PC (Windows, Linux or Mac) then adding 2 server plugins.  Control would be via a web-browser or smartphone, but not via the Sonos app.

You’d get full access to all BBC live and listen again material.

Let me know if you are interested and I can post extra details. 

Badge

Many thanks for the work around but it’s probably best I go for another speaker with airplay compatibility