Line-In Latency/Delay Disable PLAY:5

Show first post

82 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You could try feeding your DJ controller into a converter from Analogue to optical then use the optical adapter on the beam. Not sure what the delay would be using that method.
I use the PCs output currently to do this. The reason I'd like the 5 to do it, is so i can use it in another room instead. I'd rather buy a 5 for the next room, not another beam
I’m thinking about using the suggested method of converting the analog rca signal from my mixer to digital optical and put that into the sonos playbar. I read this introduces a 30 ms latency. I have a few questions about your experiences:
  1. is this a maximum latency or is this latency always present?
  2. it feels like this latency is noticeable and would still make it difficult to beatmatch; what are everybody’s experiences with this so far?
I’m thinking about using the suggested method of converting the analog rca signal from my mixer to digital optical and put that into the sonos playbar. I read this introduces a 30 ms latency. I have a few questions about your experiences:
  1. is this a maximum latency or is this latency always present?

Minimum actually. There's an adjustment which can add to this figure if required.
This is definitely a feature I would love to see. Line others would love to use my Play5 line in for mixing.

As a former 70s disco DJ  I too would love to live mix using Sonos wi fi system. The delay makes that impossible. I believe the answer simply is for Sonos to update it’s software to incorporate Bluetooth  (in addition to the wi fi and  hired wired options). Alternatively, a streaming app, such as DJ Algorridm could possibly explore a software update as well to be compatible with So is). I think the better answer is for Sonos to take the step to enable Bluetooth as does Bose and practically every one of Sonos wireless audio competitors. 
Kudos  otherwise to Sonos for great audio performance 

As a former 70s disco DJ  I too would love to live mix using Sonos wi fi system. The delay makes that impossible. I believe the answer simply is for Sonos to update it’s software to incorporate Bluetooth  (in addition to the wi fi and  hired wired options). Alternatively, a streaming app, such as DJ Algorridm could possibly explore a software update as well to be compatible with So is). I think the better answer is for Sonos to take the step to enable Bluetooth as does Bose and practically every one of Sonos wireless audio competitors. 
Kudos  otherwise to Sonos for great audio performance 

Sonos does support Bluetooth, on the Move. One does actually need to have the requisite hardware, which the other players lack.

But regular Bluetooth wouldn’t help your use case. The default SBC codec typically has 100+ms of latency. 

Sonos simply isn’t designed for DJing.