Answered

Limits on My Sonos

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Why is there a limit on the number of albums and radio stations that I can have in My Sonos?

icon

Best answer by John B 1 July 2020, 00:01

I think the answer, historically, is that this information is stored on every player, and so this was limited by the smallest amount of memory - and that is really small in the case of Sonos’ oldest products.  On S1 that will remain the same.  On S2, maybe the limit will be increased at some point, but I have no knowledge of Sonos’ plans for this (or anything else).

View original

3 replies

I think the answer, historically, is that this information is stored on every player, and so this was limited by the smallest amount of memory - and that is really small in the case of Sonos’ oldest products.  On S1 that will remain the same.  On S2, maybe the limit will be increased at some point, but I have no knowledge of Sonos’ plans for this (or anything else).

I certainly agree with John B, and would suggest that perhaps a UI designer has chosen to limit this area for functional use, since there are many other ways already in the system for searching for particular content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Search works but it is such a pain to use over picking something off the My Sonos lists.

I’d really like to have more stations available, at least double what we have now. If I used playlists I’d probably want more of them too.

For Recently Played I’d love a quick way to see just my current room’s recent selections, of course then I’d want at least a dozen selections for each room. I’d have to admit a possible 384 selections would be a lot.