Answered

Libby Constant request for Reauthorization

• 12 December 2020
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Many times when I open or return to Libby, I am asked to reauthorize my account. Very annoying especially since the 8 digit number is erased if I switch app to verify. What gives with the constant reauthorization? 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 30 December 2020, 18:12

View original

27 replies

same issue, seems to happen every time I use Libby on Sonos

Same here - very frustrating

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support, so we can take a closer look at this, and discuss it with you individually in real-time to expedite the process. I suggest phone support for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

I also have this issue.  Almost daily.  Will generate a diagnostic next time. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone. Upon checking the diagnostic report, I’m seeing that the result is a bit complex due to multiple errors that were detected by the system. I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real-time and expedite the process. They’ll start by checking your system health and go from there, they have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Another example for reference. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Here is diagnostics confirmation #1731062463

VERY anxious for this to be resolved… iPad Pro and Android phone… same annoying process

FYI - the tech support needs a fresh diagnostic report to troubleshoot.

They couldn’t use the old ones I documented.  I finally had time today to call, but hadn’t bothered generating new reports.

Issue still happens in spurts.

Meanwhile, tech support suggested the good ole’ remove the plugin, re-add, and try again approach.

Badge

I talked to Sonos technician and disconnected the Libby app then reconnected it to Sonos app. It worked. I now do this every single time. It’s very below the standards I expect from Sonia. It feels like. Sonos issue. Can I help in any way, I’m very motivated to fix this because it’s incredibly annoying. I do it three + times / week. 

Badge

And again. Drives me bat ***crazy.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Have you called Sonos to have them look at your specific situation after that last diagnostic submission? Probably better done without cursing, of course. 

Badge

Yes I suppose you’re right, I should try again. I haven’t bothered because they’ll tell me to do what I’m doing, again. I can’t see why they would be motivated to fix it. It’s annoying because I’ve kitted out every room with a speaker especially so I can follow an audio book all around the house, it’s not quite so critical when you are listening to music. 

I’ll do that this week, thanks for the encouragement.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Unfortunately, I don’t use Libby, so I can’t confirm or deny the issue. However, I would suggest that if you feel you’re being stonewalled by the first person you speak to, ask for level 2 support, or their manager. No need to be rude to them, but it is sometimes difficult as an initial call person to “know” everything, and understand all the variety of things. I’m sure Sonos does their best in training these folks, but the simple fact is there’s a lot of networking knowledge involved, and it may be hard for some folks to “get” that for the first month or two of working. Not really a fault, it’s just a reflection of a company trying to optimize the front line responders knowledge use. You wouldn’t want to pay an engineer’s pay to get them to answer the phones. Patience is the key, these folks are likely trying to help as much as possible, although I can see in some cases getting frustrated, if they’re being yelled at constantly. 

I’m experiencing this issue as well and it’s very frustrating.

I’ve submitted a diagnostic report, #766207309.

This is happening to me every time I use libby on sonos. And to top it off, the audiobook will start over from the beginning every time, so I have to write down what chapter and time I end. Otherwise I'll spend ages trying to figure out where I left off. 

Also yes agree its frustrating that you can't even flip between libby and sonos app to see the 8 digit code. Have to memorize or write it down. 

Submitting reports, can't keep doing this forever. About to go back to carrying a Bluetooth speaker around with me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Lowkeydokey Have you tried calling Sonos?

I have the same problem.  This is a horrible experience. Anyone know how to report the problem to Sonos directly.  Agreed it makes me want to move to Google Nest speakers or Bluetooth. 

Call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Horrible recurrent problem. Not answered. ("call Sonos support" is not an answer) Now cannot connect to Libby at all anymore.

Well, then, how about ‘Call Libby support’? Since no other services are exhibiting this behavior, and they all use the exact same API, it’s likely the issue is with the Libby authorization service, and not with Sonos. 

Yes I have had this problem of having to reauthorize for months on both an iPhone and Pixel phone.  Having to reauthorize multiple times each week. Now thinking about getting Google Nest speakers that I can cast to directly from Libby.  Anyone found a permanent fix?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also having this problem, though not every time I use Libby (which is daily), but every few days. This thread began 1 year ago, and I see no solution posted by Sonos. Does this imply nothing was fixed, especially being that it continues to happen to this day?

Oh, and the not keeping the current place is not just a reauthorize issue. Most every time Sonos Libby starts at the beginning of the current section, so one has to hunt down where it actually was at in that section. It seems to just fail to broadcast the current position, since the real Libby app will notify the user when the current place has changed. The UI is fairly poor anyway, as it should just match the Libby app.

@fischershaw,

I would suggest contacting ‘Libby Support’ they are the developers that have added their service to Sonos. Sonos just make their services available for the MSP’s to add their service to the Sonos ecosystem. As the service authorisation is fine for other services on Sonos, the things you mention are most likely issues arising from their side.