Answered

Last.fm - no scrobble

• 6 September 2019
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Just added last.fm to both Spotify and Sonos. Problem - scrobble not happening when songs are played through sonos speakers in any situation. Spotify connect to sonos, Spotify initiated from Sonos controller. Sonos controller initiating other music services.

On spotify app - if I play on my computer, it scrobbles. Then if I select sonos speakers, subsequent song don't scrobble. It just sits there on the last song that was playing when i switched to sonos. Reverse happens too - if I start on sonos, no scrobble. If I switch to sound though my computer it immediately starts scrobbling.

I've tried removing and adding the last.fm service from both sonos and Spotify and trying it in every configuration I could think of.

Ideas?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 21 February 2020, 17:49

Hello everyone. sorry for the delay here. We are not aware of any issues with the scrobbling with Last.fm on Sonos at this time. If you are continuing to experience the issue, please take a look at this article, as Sonos will only scrobble when certain requirements are met.

Either way, I would like to have you submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow is to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Sonos - any ideas on this?
I have just the same problem, although it's been working for a month. Some problems with the no scrobble/ double scrobbleearlier, but now it's not working at all. Scrobbling is fine on all other devices then trough my Sonos IKEA.
Did you get to the bottom of this? I haven't been able to scrobble for a few weeks now, when streaming from the Spotify app on ANY device to Sonos.

But it does scrobble if I stream on Spotify within the Sonos app itself.

It worked perfectly fine either way before this.
Badge

Same issue.
This needs to be fixed. Badly!

Badge +1

Same here. No scribbling from the Sonos app or to Sonos via Spotify Connect. Do you guys have premium or Spotify free?

Badge

Same problem here. No scrobblig from the Sonos app via Apple Music

Any updates? This is broken for me too.

Hello everyone. sorry for the delay here. We are not aware of any issues with the scrobbling with Last.fm on Sonos at this time. If you are continuing to experience the issue, please take a look at this article, as Sonos will only scrobble when certain requirements are met.

Either way, I would like to have you submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow is to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

Same issue here.  Tracks scrobble to last.fm via spotify direct to mobile but not when connected to Sonos despite last.fm being linked to both Sonos & Spotify

this issue -->

https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-with-sonos-not-scrobbling

Any resolution?

Yes, you are aware there’s an issue. You just cannot be bothered to address it, which is a shame.

I’ve already had 2 absolutely pointless sessions with your first level support. They’re keen to help, but completely out of their depth.

I have a Sonos Beam and it doesn’t scrobble anything at all. 😡

If I play from something that isn’t Spotify it scrobbles fine.  If i play Spotify on my computer or phone not thru a Sonos speaker then the Spotify app scrobbles fine.  I have Spotify connected to last fm no issue it only stops scribbling when the output is thru my Sonos system.  This is a feature I really want to work :(

I submitted this diagnostic 1389592253

Userlevel 2

Scrobbling on Last.fm is fine by any other options available, but as soon as i play Spotify using any of my Sonos speakers it stops. As soon as I go back to playing Spotify on “This Device” rather than Sonos my scrobbling starts working again. I have tried removing apps, using different smartphones, updating, deleting and re-instating scrobbling, but the result is consistantly the same. Very frustrating.

Given the amount of reports on this, I would say that you are now “aware” that there is a problem.

Userlevel 2

Scrobbling on Last.fm is fine by any other options available, but as soon as i play Spotify using any of my Sonos speakers it stops. As soon as I go back to playing Spotify on “This Device” rather than Sonos my scrobbling starts working again. I have tried removing apps, using different smartphones, updating, deleting and re-instating scrobbling, but the result is consistantly the same. Very frustrating.

Given the amount of reports on this, I would say that you are now “aware” that there is a problem.

Diagnostic report confirmation number is: 591675689.

Was this problem ever solved? As a new Sonos user, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue: no scrobbles when using Spotify and my Sonos speakers. Been trying everything I could think of and all possible solutions I could find, but to no avail. Been using Last.FM for nearly 14 years now and don't want to miss it! So please, if there is a solution, let me know. Thanks!

Hi, 

I don’t know why Sonos is telling us the problem doesn’t occur. 

Or that it is solved, like they did here: 

As a Sonos beta tester, I’m quite disappointed here …

It might be that Spotify has to solve the problem, but the problem still exists, so I hope Sonos takes action and contacts Spotify if needed.

The issues:

In https://www.last.fm/settings/applications I’ve selected Spotify Scrobbling.

When I play music via Spotify, all songs are scrobbled immediately and perfectly if I play the music via the audio of my laptop (Mac OS, the latest update). Fine!

Via Sonos > Settings > Services I connected Last.FM.

Because of this, when I play music via Sonos, all songs are scrobbled perfectly and only once. Great!

Except …. when I choose to play songs via Spotify in Sonos, the songs are scrobbled twice, with some delay. So this is when the double scrobbling occurs.

Why? Because Sonos ánd Spotify are now scrobbling.

Workaround (no solution): Don’t use the option to play Spotify songs in Sonos. Of course, we don’t like this workaround, but it’s the only way to avoid double scrobbling. You could also remove the connection with Last.FM in Sonos, but in that case Sonos doesn’t scrobble any more at all, when you select other sources for your music to be played in Sonos.

!! So this is the first issue to be solved !!

In Spotify, instead of selecting the option ‘Play songs on this computer’, I can also use Spotify Connect to play songs directly on your Sonos speakers over the wifi. Great!! But … If you do this, no song will be scrobbled.

!! This is a second issue that needs to be solved !!

Workaround (no solution): as soon as you choose to ‘Play songs on this computer’ again, all songs played via Spotify Connect on my Sonos speakers will be scrobbled immediately. They all suddenly appear as soon as I play on this computer. All of them? Unfortunately no! :(( Only the last 50 songs. It seems Spotify only remembers the last 50 songs I’ve played via Sonos to scrobble them.

I’ve been searching for a solution since more than a year, trying workarounds, reading this community, using other scrobblers like Bowtie, …. but I couldn’t find any solution for these two issues.

No … it’s not the end of the world …. but as a heavy/addicted music lover, playing 100 songs on average each day, I would like to use my Sonos system the whole day long without being afraid of Last.FM not being updated.

So please guys … don’t try to convince us these issues are solved. Take our complaints seriously, contact Spotify and solve the issues. I’ve invested in six SONOS speakers already. I want to use them without this hassle.

Thanks!

Hopefully I’ve helped other users here with scrobbling Sonos/Spotify issues.

DJ4AM at Last.FM 

Hi, 

I don’t know why Sonos is telling us the problem doesn’t occur. 

Or that it is solved, like they did here: 

As a Sonos beta tester, I’m quite disappointed here …

It might be that Spotify has to solve the problem, but the problem still exists, so I hope Sonos takes action and contacts Spotify if needed.

The issues:

In https://www.last.fm/settings/applications I’ve selected Spotify Scrobbling.

When I play music via Spotify, all songs are scrobbled immediately and perfectly if I play the music via the audio of my laptop (Mac OS, the latest update). Fine!

Via Sonos > Settings > Services I connected Last.FM.

Because of this, when I play music via Sonos, all songs are scrobbled perfectly and only once. Great!

Except …. when I choose to play songs via Spotify in Sonos, the songs are scrobbled twice, with some delay. So this is when the double scrobbling occurs.

Why? Because Sonos ánd Spotify are now scrobbling.

Workaround (no solution): Don’t use the option to play Spotify songs in Sonos. Of course, we don’t like this workaround, but it’s the only way to avoid double scrobbling. You could also remove the connection with Last.FM in Sonos, but in that case Sonos doesn’t scrobble any more at all, when you select other sources for your music to be played in Sonos.

!! So this is the first issue to be solved !!

In Spotify, instead of selecting the option ‘Play songs on this computer’, I can also use Spotify Connect to play songs directly on your Sonos speakers over the wifi. Great!! But … If you do this, no song will be scrobbled.

!! This is a second issue that needs to be solved !!

Workaround (no solution): as soon as you choose to ‘Play songs on this computer’ again, all songs played via Spotify Connect on my Sonos speakers will be scrobbled immediately. They all suddenly appear as soon as I play on this computer. All of them? Unfortunately no! :(( Only the last 50 songs. It seems Spotify only remembers the last 50 songs I’ve played via Sonos to scrobble them.

I’ve been searching for a solution since more than a year, trying workarounds, reading this community, using other scrobblers like Bowtie, …. but I couldn’t find any solution for these two issues.

No … it’s not the end of the world …. but as a heavy/addicted music lover, playing 100 songs on average each day, I would like to use my Sonos system the whole day long without being afraid of Last.FM not being updated.

So please guys … don’t try to convince us these issues are solved. Take our complaints seriously, contact Spotify and solve the issues. I’ve invested in six SONOS speakers already. I want to use them without this hassle.

Thanks!

Hopefully I’ve helped other users here with scrobbling Sonos/Spotify issues.

DJ4AM at Last.FM 

Thanks for the detailed report.  This is the EXACT behavior I see as well.  Please I have literally spent thousands with sonos and this is the only problem I’ve ever had.  Please please please look at it!