Answered

Last.fm delay in scrobbles

• 23 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi! I was wondering if it is a known issue that last.fm scrobbles through the Sonos app (I am on iOS) are very delayed. They work just fine through the Spotify application itself (Spotify and last.fm integrate via their website).

I noticed some people reporting this at the lastfm subreddit.

I have tried disconnecting my Spotify account through the application and reinstalling the Sonos app, and of course having to re-add my Spotify account.

If I connect my last.fm account in the Sonos app, then I will eventually get double scrobbles (the ones through the Sonos app via last.fm account scrobble immediately).

Could there be a communication problem between the Sonos app and Spotify?

I just observed scrobbles from my playing last night, they took around 12 hours, and my ones from a couple of hours got added too, so, seems they only get sent in batches, and delayed anywhere from 2-12 hours!

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Here’s a good thread from the subreddit, with no definite answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/lastfm/comments/en6xh9/spotify_on_sonos/

Thanks kindly!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 February 2020, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Typical that Sonos don’t recognise this issue as being from their app. 

Poor customer service.

Thanks! I was more or less familiar with conditions to scrobble. I listen to the song in full, which are  definitely above 30 seconds.

I was playing some stuff yesterday, and they have not shown up in 24 hours.

Here’s a post on last.fm support: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-with-sonos-not-scrobbling

Since it works fine from the Spotify app, I am leaning the issue is on Sonos’ side.

Thanks again! Hopefully we can solve this issue!

Hello @gozzlemop 

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community.

The way that scrobbling works on Sonos is that a track must play for 240 seconds or halfway through, whichever comes first. It must also have a track length of 30 seconds or more. Once these conditions have been met, the track is scrobbled when playback completes or the track is changed by the user. Since that information is being sent to last.FM, you would want to get in contact with their support team for the information that you are requesting. We can also see if any members of the Sonos Community have any insight on the issue that you are having and maybe provide some advice on where to go to resolve it.