Answered

KQED radio keeps dropping out on all of my speakers, grouped or not

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

KQED radio keeps dropping out. No other stream is doing this. At first, I rebooted my speakers. Rebooted my computer. Restarted my phone. Deleted the app. and reinstalled them. If I switch from KQED to any other stream, the dropping out stops. I’m concluding that it’s not on my end. Is there anyone else experiencing this KQED streaming issue?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 April 2022, 11:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the same issue is not happening with any other audio source, then it’s possibly the station, or perhaps the audio format (bandwidth) is the cause. However, in the absence of your ‘system setup’ detail, or other information, I guess you could maybe just try a different fixed non-overlapping WiFi, or SonosNet, channel, that’s if either applies in your case to try to rule out any potential wireless network interference, but at first glance it sounds more-like the audio source is the issue from the comments in your opening post.

I have the same issue also only with KQED. Just stated in the last month. Dropping out for 3 to 4 seconds initially very frequently when first connected then less frequently after about 15 minutes. Prior to this has worked perfectly for years. Did a reset and new setup. Still doing it. I have now switched to KPBS. Would like this to work.

Usually, if it is a single radio station, and not all radio stations, it’s a pretty good indication that the issue is not with Sonos or your local network, but instead that radio station’s server that provides the feed. You may want to reach out to either the provider of the stream (TuneIn?) or directly to KQED directly.