KFOG in San Francisco not streaming today since at least 7am

• 29 April 2009
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi All,

My daily alarm and much of my listening is to the station KFOG out of San Francisco.

Today my daily Sonos alarm was the Sonos chime (how irritating to wake to 🙂 kinda of the point) instead of the familiar voices of Webster and Greg and company.

Every time I try to tune a Sonos controller to the station I get the "Starting...", "Connecting...", "Starting..." and a few more back and forth like that and then nothing. The icon goes to the "stopped" position (i.e. a square).

Last week one morning the station itself had an outage. In that instance I got the standard RadioTime error of "no file" or whatever it says. This time all morning here no such message.

Which makes me wonder if this is a RadioTime issue or something. On the one last week which was very shortlived (about 2 minutes), I emailed KFOG and their tech person emailed back that their streaming software hit a glitch.

This time I haven't been able to stream KFOG for about 2.5 hours. I've re-tired some 8 times since 7am this morning.

Note, I can stream plenty of other stations and I'm listening to KFOX right now and also was listening to KNBR for awhile as well til I got sick of hearing about Bonds :)

Anyone know if this kind of thing is a RadioTime issue? How to resolve?

Thanks!
--jans

4 replies

Userlevel 2
okay it's back! Isn't that the way it always goes. Bring up an issue, and then it's unreproducible 🙂

So, anyone else hit this? Any explanation? I may dig through the logs (via the web i/f).

Cheers,
--jans
Userlevel 2
I have been trying to get a client's wired Sonos system up and running after changing out the old router. Radio works fine on the old Speedtouch 510 wired router; tried a Netgear 834N and a Draytek 2820n and only music from NAS available, no Radio Time - although ports 80, 445, 3400, etc all opened. Changed back to the old router and Radio Time working fine. Does anybody know the definitive settings, ports etc for a new model router and the Sonos system w Radio Time?
Userlevel 2
Whenever I run into a radio streaming problem, I send an email to Radio Time telling them the stream is broken. It is usually fixed within a day or two. I'm not sure if the email has anything to do with it.
Userlevel 2
Whenever I run into a radio streaming problem, I send an email to Radio Time telling them the stream is broken. It is usually fixed within a day or two. I'm not sure if the email has anything to do with it.

Thanks, I will try that the next time I hit a long outage on a single station.