Jazzradio

Userlevel 2
Although this used to work perfectly, I can no longer stream stations from jazzradio.com via the Sonos radio commands, now just getting a message about licencing restrictions in the UK preventing streaming. However, if I go directly to Tune-in radio on my PC I can stream jazzradio stations but then must use LINE-IN to play it through my Sonos system.

I've seen various comments about using URLs to create favorite radio stations etc but can't find any instructions about how to do this. Could anyone explain how to do this?

Even if I get a subscription to jazzradio.com I don't see how I can access it via the Sonos radio commands.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan (Hard bop fan)

6 replies

Jazzradio.com is part of the same organisation as DI.fm and SKY.fm. They recently stopped free streams from playing on hardware players in the UK, presumably because they could raise no advertising revenue (unless of course they inserted audio ads, which many people dislike).

If you subscribe to Jazzradio premium (which includes a subscription to DI and SKY) you can add URLs to Sonos that include your unique Listen Key. You'd need to use a Desktop Controller to add these to My Radio Stations. The premium URLs you'd need can be found at http://www.jazzradio.com/settings, then select Hardware Player.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Ratty for your v.clear explanation.
I am also a fan of jazzradio.com and was very disappointed when it was no longer available on my Sonos system. With more than 30 different channels jazzradio.com had something for every jazz fan. If enough of us bring this to their attention, maybe Sonos will do something about it and offer it as an option.
05Nail wrote:

If enough of us bring this to their attention, maybe Sonos will do something about it and offer it as an option.

If Audioaddict aren't prepared to offer their free streams on Sonos there's nothing Sonos can do about it. Lobby Audioaddict.

Premium Audioaddict streams are available, but as already pointed out you have to manually create My Radio Stations entries.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
ratty wrote:

05Nail wrote:

If enough of us bring this to their attention, maybe Sonos will do something about it and offer it as an option.

If Audioaddict aren't prepared to offer their free streams on Sonos there's nothing Sonos can do about it. Lobby Audioaddict.

Premium Audioaddict streams are available, but as already pointed out you have to manually create My Radio Stations entries.

What Ratty said. This is absolutely NOT a Sonos issue or problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I think another angle to pursue this is via TuneIn and Sonos. For example, DI.fm (and the other AudioAddict stations) are also available through TuneIn Premium. If support for TuneIn Premium were added to Sonos, that would be another way to get to the AudioAddict stations (and a whole lot of other content that TuneIn offers with their subscription!)

But either way, you're going to be paying to listen to them on Sonos, it appears.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings