iTunes storage - sync library on Time Capsule

• 26 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, How can I add my iTunes library to Sonos? 

At the moment I have iTunes master file on my MacBook backed up onto a TimeCapsule. Sonos then reads then Time Capsule to get the music. My MacBook is not always available which is why I chose this route. Everytime I add music to iTunes I then have to copy it through Files to the TimeCapsule and update Music library. There must be a better way of storing the music and auto updating whenever I add to iTunes?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DavyB, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this.

If I'm looking at the correct device, Time Capsule is Apple's stand-alone external storage connected to your network to communicate with other devices like your MacBook. You can access the files and folders in your Time Capsule using your MacBook.

Upon checking the specification, the Time Capsule doesn't communicate with iTunes directly for you to sync your iTunes library. You need to transfer manually the file from your MacBook where your iTunes master file is located to your Time Capsule storage to update your Sonos music library. We recommend contacting Apple support to further assist you with this and to check for other options.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.