Answered

iTunes playlists not showing up

• 24 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I am having trouble syncing my iTunes playlists to sonos.  Everything worked fine until I upgraded my PC.  My old iTunes XML file works still but since I had to reinstall iTunes, it created a new XML file and has my updated playlists in a different folder.  I have added that folder to sonos and removed my old XML file but now all that shows up is my music files, no playlists.  I’ve been playing around with it for a few days now and can’t seem to find the issue, any help would be appreciated.  I have double checked permissions and that the XML file allows for indexing.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 February 2022, 09:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Troesterj 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Ever since iTunes changed it’s name to Apple Music, the XML file has no longer been utilised. We still need it to import playlists, however, so now, when no such file exists, the Sonos app will create it from the Apple Music database (now stored elsewhere) prior to the speakers scanning the folder.

I recommend renaming your XML file temporarily (don't delete, in case a mistake is made) then use the Sonos app to re-index - you should see a new XML file appear, and now see your playlists in the Sonos app.

If this is not the case, I recommend you rename your backup XML file back to it’s original name, then get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system/PC and fix it for you.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, I’ve tried that a few times and it doesn’t help, still just have the music showing up with no playlist.  I’ll contact support.