Answered

iTunes playlist wont play from my phone

• 2 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi! 
have just got my Sonos One and have downloaded the app. Not a fan really as I can’t seem to be able to play my iTunes playlist from my phone? Also I have lists on my YouTube account and they won’t play either as there isn’t an “app” to support this

help!!

icon

Best answer by John B 4 December 2020, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jenny1985.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help.

Sonos imports your playlists from playlist files in your shared music folder using the Music app on macOS as well as the iTunes app on macOS and Windows by reading the app’s music library XML file.

You can add the My Music folder to Sonos by following the steps in our article on adding your music library.

Please refer to this article for the list of available streaming services/music services that you can add to Sonos.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

@Annazel S .  Your reply seems to be based on music stored on a computer.  My reading of the question was that it referred to music stored on a phone.  Perhaps @Jenny1985 could confirm which it is?

@Jenny1985 . Assuming you have an iPhone, and given that you have a Sonos One, your best bet for playing from the phone (if that is what you meant) is Airplay.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @John Bthanks for clarifying. My bad, I forgot to mention that this option will need to have the music from the phone saved on a computer or NAS.

I agree with your suggestion that @Jenny1985 can also stream Airplay audio directly to Sonos One using an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

Thanks!

Thanks John B I managed to figure it out and you are correct with the Airplay option