Answered

iTunes Music Library.xml file ???

• 10 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Whenever Sonos updates my personnal library from the Music app on my iMac, Sonos creates a iTunes folder with a «iTunes Music Library.xml» file.  

What it is useful to ?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 December 2021, 03:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sonos doesn't create that file.  Sonos is read only when it comes to your library.  That file is created by iTunes, and it contains your iTunes playlists, among other things.  Sonos does read this file and stores it on each player and makes the playlists available in the app under Imported Playlists.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am running Big Sur (Mac OS v11,6) and there is no iTunes app on my computer, only the Music app. 

Even after trashing that file, everytime I ask Sonos to «Update my music library» that folder and the file is created again and again.

I am running Big Sur (Mac OS v11,6) and there is no iTunes app on my computer, only the Music app. 

Even after trashing that file, everytime I ask Sonos to «Update my music library» that folder and the file is created again and again.

Perhaps see if this assists…

https://tips.graphica.com.au/macos-catalina-and-itunes-media-files/

hi @rlesperance as explained by @jgatie the xml file is created by your Big Sur Music App to keep compatibility with ‘external’ players - without this file, Sonos will not ‘import’ your Music (i.e. former iTunes) playlists

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello jgatie and el rubio,

Why do you both say it’s created by Mac OS while this iTunes folder and xml file are created specifically upon my request to «Update my local library» in Sonos’s Manage pull down menu ?

salut @rlesperance je vous assures que Sonos ne crée pas le fichier xml - pendant la mise-à-jour de la bibliothèque Sonos parcoure les dossiers dans le chemin des paramètres de la bibliothèque musicale ou doit se trouver le fichier ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’