iTunes match support PLEASE!!!

• 2 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Sonos, PLEASE add iTunes match support to Sonos. I have 25,000 songs uploaded into the Apple Cloud, and I am NOT in the mood to have to re-upload them somewhere else, or stream them from my computer to Sonos.

It appears the ONLY way you can access your iTunes match on Sonos is if you sign up for Apple Music, then all of the itunes match albums and artists show up on there. Once I cancelled my Apple Music (but kept my itunes match) it would no longer let me do it.

The only workaround I have found is to download them to my phone using the "download" button next to each album, and then I can open Sonos on my phone and go to browse, and select "on this phone", but what a pain that would be for me to download all 25,000 songs to my phone just so I can "Stream" them to Sonos. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? 😞

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The requirement for an Apple Music account is on Apple. The services decide level of subscription required, Sonos has no say in the issue. In fact, Google Play Music and Amazon allow you to play cloud based music for free.