Answered

iTunes Library

• 26 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I added my ITunes running from my laptop to my sonos library. Now I cannot play iTunes on my non sonos home system. Should I be able to?
icon

Best answer by John B 26 October 2018, 15:42

There is absolutely no way that this can be cause and effect. Sonos doesn't do anything to iTunes or use iTunes in any way. It just indexes the file locations.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Are you saying iTunes doesn't work now? Contact Apple. You might need to provide them with some more details, like what exactly happens when you try. This is a Sonos forum.
Hi - iTunes works...and had been working though my home stereo system. Once I added iTunes to my Sonos My Music library it no longer will play through my home stereo system and will just play through the laptop internal speakers. Since I posted I deleted Sonos from my laptop and deleted iTnes from My Music Library on Sonos and it will now play though my home system. This seems odd and am still wondering if it should have happened. Is it the intention of Sonos that once iTunes is added to Sonos My Library that I then have to control that library through Sonos? I have a Connect that I will be adding to my home system so the whole thing should sort itself out...but just seemed odd.
There is absolutely no way that this can be cause and effect. Sonos doesn't do anything to iTunes or use iTunes in any way. It just indexes the file locations.
Thanks John B....I sort of thought it shouldn't have happened either. Will try and reload as a test to see if it happens again.