Question

iTunes alternative?

Badge +1
Im really getting sick of iTunes dysfunctionality. Every new release it seems to get worse. Are there any other players that work with sonos for mac?

4 replies

Sonos doesn't require a "player" on the Mac at all, it doesn't even require the Mac, you could stick the music on a NAS with no other software installed and Sonos would be perfectly happy.
Badge +1
Sonos doesn't require a "player" on the Mac at all, it doesn't even require the Mac, you could stick the music on a NAS with no other software installed and Sonos would be perfectly happy.

But my question is more because I want to use some kind of player as Id like to have playlists etc but I just really hate apple and iTunes
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Create different named queues in sonos and save them. Then works just like iTunes playlists.
Or upload all your music (50,000 track limit) to goggle play music for free, then stream through sonos. No need for mac to be on.
ZUZU,

The Sonos Playlist suggestion comes with a health warning: they can't be backed up. There's also a total capacity of 10000 tracks (sometimes less).

Use M3U imported playlists. These are simply flat text files containing a list of file pathnames. Any text editor will do the job. Scripting could let you automate the process of compiling the list. An M3U playlist can contain any number of files, constrained only by the 15 second timeout on actually loading tracks into a player's queue.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings