Answered

Italian "Radio 24" is not working

• 5 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hello everybody,

since the last weeks, around 9 am CEST I’m not able to reach Radio 24 anymore. I’ve tried several time, as sonos radio and as tunein radio, but it does not work.
If I connect to the webpage https://www.radio24.ilsole24ore.com/  the online stream works.

Could someone of the staff check what it going on?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 February 2021, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mutti

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Have you favorited Radio 24 in the Sonos app? Please try to remove and re-add it. If it’s still not working, you can try adding it manually using the steps below. Sonos supports MP3, AAC, and WMA audio formats for streaming Internet radio stations, just make sure you have the streaming URL handy. Radio by TuneIn must be added to your Sonos system in order to manually add a radio station URL.

Here are the steps that you can follow to add the internet radio.

Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:

1. From the Browse tab, select Radio by TuneIn
  2. Tap My Radio Stations
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station
  4. Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK

Using the Sonos App for Mac or PC:

1. Select Manage and Add Radio Station.
  2. Paste in the streaming URL of the station you wish to add and type in the name of the station.
  3. From the Sonos music menu, navigate to Radio by TuneIn > My Radio Stations where the newly added station will be listed.
    • On a Mac, the “Manage” menu can be found in the toolbar in the top left corner of the screen. On a PC, the “Manage” menu is found at the top left of the Sonos application.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. 

Badge +3

Hello @Rowena B. ,

if I add the stream url in the tunein as a new radio, everything works.
but if I try to use the radio found in tunein proposed by your system, the allarm starts with the “dling dlign” sound instead of the radio

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mutti

Thanks for your response and for updating us. I'm glad that you were able to add the URL to the Sonos app. Setting up an alarm in the Sonos app will wake up to your favorite songs in the morning, or set up reminders throughout the day. Please note that If you check Include grouped rooms, the alarm will play in the rooms that are grouped together at the time the alarm goes off. It does not play in the rooms that were grouped when the alarm was originally added to the Sonos system.

To help you out why the Sonos alarm doesn’t play the selected radio station, it would be best to reach out to our support team to perform further troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Badge +3

thank you for the useless answare and for not support at all.
For the cost of your products, I thought to have a better support of your customers, and not only 2 predefined (wrong) answares :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Mutti, I’m having some trouble locating Radio 24 using the TuneIn service in Sonos. If you go to TuneIn.com is there a message saying “This station is not available in your region", or does the station play normally?

If the station is no longer available for you, then what I would recommend is adding the MyTuner service to Sonos, by going to Settings > Services > Music & Content > Add a Service.

This should allow you to play Radio 24 on your Sonos system, and you can also use MyTuner to set the alarm. 

Badge +3

Thank you for reading for the first time carefully my message. 

You can find the radio in the following section. 

Radio by location - Europe - Italy - Lombardia - radio 24

Badge +3

Hi @Mutti, I’m having some trouble locating Radio 24 using the TuneIn service in Sonos. If you go to TuneIn.com is there a message saying “This station is not available in your region", or does the station play normally?

If the station is no longer available for you, then what I would recommend is adding the MyTuner service to Sonos, by going to Settings > Services > Music & Content > Add a Service.

This should allow you to play Radio 24 on your Sonos system, and you can also use MyTuner to set the alarm. 

As you can see the radio is available in my region in the app and on TuneIn site

Badge +3

No more info? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mutti

It sounds to me like Radio 24 have changed their streaming URL. As you can listen to it by adding the URL manually, I suggest you do that and listen to that stream. We have no control over the contents of each service provider’s container within the Sonos app, so we cannot remove entries that don’t work, or fix them. Only TuneIn can do that for the TuneIn container.