Issue with HDCP on Samsung TV when connecting Sonos One via AirPlay

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I have been using my Apple TV with my Samsung TV for years just fine.  The Apple TV is about 2 years old and the TV is 6 or 7 years old.  

The sound on the TV is pretty bad, so I recently connecting my Sonos One to the Apple TV via Airplay.  It worked well for one movie.  But ever since, I get a HDCP error whenever I try to play a movie or show on Netflix, HBO Max, or Amazon (actually, sometimes I will get volume but a blank screen).  YouTube TV and YouTube still work fine.  

I have disconnected the Sonos One and unplugged it; I have also unplugged the Apple TV, reset it, unplugged the TV, switched the HDMI cord to a different port, changed the HDMI cord entirely, and all variations you could imagine.  The problem persists.  Just a week ago I was having no problems..

Has anybody encountered this?  Any ideas how to fix it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just to clarify: you cannot be using bluetooth - the One does not use bluetooth for sound. Airplay is wifi.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried resetting your router? Have you restarted your phone? Or maybe try moving your Apple TV or Sonos One away from other devices that might be causing interference.