Issue with HDCP on Samsung TV when connecting Sonos One via AirPlay

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I have been using my Apple TV with my Samsung TV for years just fine.  The Apple TV is about 2 years old and the TV is 6 or 7 years old.  

The sound on the TV is pretty bad, so I recently connecting my Sonos One to the Apple TV via Airplay.  It worked well for one movie.  But ever since, I get a HDCP error whenever I try to play a movie or show on Netflix, HBO Max, or Amazon (actually, sometimes I will get volume but a blank screen).  YouTube TV and YouTube still work fine.  

I have disconnected the Sonos One and unplugged it; I have also unplugged the Apple TV, reset it, unplugged the TV, switched the HDMI cord to a different port, changed the HDMI cord entirely, and all variations you could imagine.  The problem persists.  Just a week ago I was having no problems..

Has anybody encountered this?  Any ideas how to fix it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried resetting your router? Have you restarted your phone? Or maybe try moving your Apple TV or Sonos One away from other devices that might be causing interference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just to clarify: you cannot be using bluetooth - the One does not use bluetooth for sound. Airplay is wifi.