Question

Is there any place to request Sonos to add apps that are currently unavailable?

Is there any chance of getting the Relisten app added as one of the services?
This app hosts and incredible amount of live music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

You should petition Relisten, Sonos have a music partners Api available that they can use to add themselves to Sonos.
Yes, ditto the ReListen app! Please do what needs to be done to get this app available on Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Like The LHC said, Sonos isn't the one to be asking about this. Sonos provides an API for services to use and add themselves to Sonos. ReListen would need to go through that process to be able to use their service on Sonos. If they want more info, they can sign up at https://musicpartners.sonos.com/
Yes, ditto the ReListen app! Please do what needs to be done to get this app available on Sonos.

Really? There were two posts in this thread and you couldn't even be bothered to read more than 50% of them?
Dear LHC, yes I did but I like to be redundant. However, I can't express how pleased I am with your attention to detail and that you always do as your told. Don't forget your red stapler on the way out.
There is a big difference between redundancy and ineffectiveness. To ask ReListen 10 times to add themselves as a Sonos partner is redundancy, to ask Sonos to add a music service is ineffectiveness, especially if the music service has no intention of becoming a partner or has not been informed that they can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Let's all play nice and not resort to name calling here guys. I've deleted a few posts. If we can hold off from the personal attacks the community will be a much friendlier place and easier to find answers to questions.

It's ok to post a redundant question in the appropriate thread. We'll pass on the request to our team for Relisten as a service. Also, the others mentioning the Music Partner API are right in that it's also a great idea to reach out to the service themselves and let them know you'd love to see them integrated with Sonos. It's a partnership that we build, so both sides work on development and implementation.

Thanks!
You can now add Relisten as a custom music service - https://gist.github.com/switz/02cc1f865356bdbba5f5213dab38cc63
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can now add Relisten as a custom music service - https://gist.github.com/switz/02cc1f865356bdbba5f5213dab38cc63
Just wanted to note that by using that custom service setup, you are allowing a third-party to handle communication between your Sonos device(s) and ReListen. Just be aware that that third-party could be observing what you're listening to through their proxy service. Also be aware that at any time, that third-party could stop providing this service.

I would recommend taking advantage of it if you feel comfortable doing so, but I would also continue to push ReListen to become an officially supported music service by signing up for access to Sonos' Music Partners API (link in an earlier post of mine in this thread), so that eventually you don't need to rely on a third-party.