Is there a way to stream the Radio Paradise alternate streams

• 20 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Radio Paradise now has great alternate Mellow Mix, Rock Mix, Groovy Mix, and My Favorites streams in addition to their awesome eclectic Main Mix. Is there a way to stream them to my non-Alexa Sonos? I don't need FLAC quality until I get faster broadband.

8 replies

There are some Radio Paradise stations under the TuneIn menu. You can also add the direct URL links via a PC or Mac controller.

Link to listing of Radio Paradise URLs:

https://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#name=Listen&file=links

Link to instruction on how to add URL stations to Sonos:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260?language=en_US
The answer above does not help with the stated question of how to play the alternate Radio Paradise streams instead of the Main Mix stream.
The list of Radio Paradise URLs seems to be a list of various stream types at different bit rates, on European and US servers, for the Main Mix only.
Similarly, there is only one Radio Paradise station I can see on the Tunein menu, and this plays the Main Mix.
Does anyone know how to play the alternate streams on non-Alexa Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Have you tried asking Radio Paradise for their streaming addresses?
Does anyone know if Radio Paradise has posted the alternate streaming addresses?
I recently got this message back from Radio Paradise. Bummer.

Hi Miles,

Currently only our Main Mix is available via Sonos.

thanks
-bg

---
Bill Goldsmith
Radio Paradise
www.radioparadise.com
If you have newer Sonos or get a connect:amp that supports air play - you can air play the alternative streams on Sonos from the Radio Paradise iOS app.
Using AirPlay 2, yes.

There currently is no CONNECT:AMP that supports AirPlay 2. The Sonos Amp does, however.

We're hoping / expecting that a new CONNECT will be announced shortly (perhaps this coming week?) that will include AirPlay 2 capability.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Radio Paradise now has great alternate Mellow Mix, Rock Mix, Groovy Mix, and My Favorites streams in addition to their awesome eclectic Main Mix. Is there a way to stream them to my non-Alexa Sonos? I don't need FLAC quality until I get faster broadband.

The OP says did not need FLAC.

You can go to RP and get the URLs and add them into Sonos using the Add Radio Station menu choice. They don't have to already exist in Tune In. So for NON-FLAC, yes this works.

I tried with the FLAC links and it did not work, but that might have been my network.

Rob.