Error 1002 - followed all these steps to correct - Does NOT work
Music Library to Sonos broken after High Sierra update - it worked before the update
Mac OS 10.13.6
Sonos Controller 10.6
All systems up to date
Error on adding Mac Music Library:
Sonos unable to add shared folder “Music file path” to your Music Library (1002).
- Permissions on Music folder set to shared, applied to enclosed folders
-Permissions on Home folder set for sharing and applied to all
- Sys Prefs; Share files & folders using SMB
- Sys Prefs; File Sharing checked ON test and File Sharing checked OFF - same error
- Computer Name = NetBIOS Name
- iTunes prefs set in Sharing library on my local network • Share entire library
- Tried to add library with Sonos speaker ethernet plugged into router after reboot
-Tried with Firewall ON/OFF.
-Sonos added as a Firewall app allowed
Diagnostics Sent: 915898537
I have contacted Apple as suggested. They point the finger back to Sonos as Sonos has all the update information from Apple needed for software adjustments.
My Play 5 is now an expensive speaker to my TV
Best answer by John G
The diagnostic report shows that you have no pathway/share set up in Sonos for your music library from your computer. Did you remove your music library share during your own troubleshooting? Do you have any issue playing a music service like TuneIn, Spotify or Pandora? can you see the music on the computer and play it to the speakers of your computer?
You mentioned your computers NetBios name. Did you confirm the NetBios name for the computer is the name that Itunes shows from when the music pathway for Itunes was created? During updates, your computer NetBios name may have changed.and you may have to update your computers NetBios name to show as it does in your Itunes preferences then do a full re-boot and then test adding the pathway/share once more for a music library setup. If you are not familiar with where to check that I would again advise that you to call in for live phone assistance.
Before you call in, please take these steps to attempt your re-adding of your music library share:
- Power off/on your Modem/Router/Extender/Access Point(s) for 30 seconds with no lights.
- As they power back on then power off/on your Sonos product(s) with no light for 15 seconds.
- As they are re-booting then re-boot your Mac controller wit the Sonos app and stored music.
After a full re-boot of the system please attempt to add the music library share once more. You can follow up with the result here or call in for live assistance.
If you call in for help, please gather your network topology for the agent you would speak with by gathering the model names and numbers for any:
Switch (manged or unmaneged):