Answered

iphone 11 loses Napster service

• 4 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an iPhone 11 with the Sonos S1 app installed. The Napster service drops from the services and I have to add it again. This doesn’t happen with the iPad and seems to be associated with the change to the Sonos app. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by controlav 7 August 2020, 15:30

Are you sure you haven’t accidentally set up a split S1/S2 system? The music service list is stored in the speakers, not the app, so the only way I can think of one app showing a different list would be if it connected to a different speaker (on a different household).

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Try removing that service re-adding.  Also the next time it happens check the real time service status (there a big orange box to the right of this post) to see if it coincides with a Napster outage.

I’ve tried those suggestions but the problem remains. I notice that Spotify users are experiencing a similar issue. It seems to me that the problem lies within the Sonos S1 app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Are you sure you haven’t accidentally set up a split S1/S2 system? The music service list is stored in the speakers, not the app, so the only way I can think of one app showing a different list would be if it connected to a different speaker (on a different household).

Thanks for your suggestion. I didn’t know that services were stored in the speakers. I have only the S1 controller stored on my devices (iPhone 7, iPhone 11 and iPad 2). My Sonos setup is Play 3, Play 5 and a Beam which is usually separate. The Play 5 is not S2 compatible, I did have an issue recently  during a recent update when the Play 3 got lost. Perhaps the S2 controller installed there? If that’s possible do you have a suggestion for removing it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

App removal depends on the platform, but is not necessary. All platform types can install and run both S1 and S2 apps, so firstly just make sure you are running the S1 app on all iDevices. Next, see if the speakers listed on all iDevices are the same. Trying to determine where the difference lies.

Hi controlav, I think my problem may have been in the network. The Play 3 was connected to the 5Ghz router network via my iMac which had an outdated Sonos controller. When I started and updated the controller it was only linked to the Play 3. I selected the 2Ghz network on the iMac and all 3 speakers appeared and Napster service now remains on the iPhone. Thank you for your help. 

Further to my previous messages I’m still losing the Napster service on my iPhone 11 however I’ve discovered that going to the network on my phone and clicking the “renew lease” button restores Napster in the Sonos services. Tunein service always stays. I don’t know the significance of renewing the lease but perhaps this gives enough information for someone to suggest a change that I can make that will stop Napster disappearing?