intrusive ads

• 19 March 2022
  • 1 reply

There seem to be 3 streaming options for my favourite station, Classic FM. Sonos Radio; Global Player & TuneIn. Recently, all 3 of these providers have been interrupting steaming music with advertising. This is in addition to the normal advertising either side of news breaks etc. This intrusion ruins the enjoyment that listeners ought to expect and from my perspective at least, is completely counterproductive as it would discourage me from using the products or services. If this doesn’t stop, I will get a tuner and use the line-in facility again, streaming the FM radio channel instead. Hopefully pressure will be applied by Sonos to eliminate this intrusive practice. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You’re not the first to notice this: 

I've not read TuneIn interrupts streams - in my experience they just play an ad when starting a new stream. But…..this is a TuneIn feature - you are barking up the wrong tree.