Internetradio station does not work on Sonos

• 13 May 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hey everybody,
I got a question about a certain radio station that I want to play through my Sonos system.
I really like the relaxed music of www.poolside.fm and as I said I would love to play this on my Sonos system. I added the music station via my Controller app on my Mac, but it says that 'the number/song is not coded correctly'. The radiostation Poolside FM is based on soundcloud, so I think that could be the problem. Is there anyway I can still get the radio on Sonos, or is it just impossible?

Thanks in advance!
John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

johnnyvh,

The straight forward method would be to play the station on a computer, phone, or pad and route its audio output to a SONOS player's Line-In. Note that Line-In is not available on PLAY:1, PLAY:3, or PLAYBAR. If you dig around the forums you can find somewhat geeky methods, using software, to convert the station stream into a stream that appears as a station that SONOS can play.
Userlevel 2
johnnyvh,

The straight forward method would be to play the station on a computer, phone, or pad and route its audio output to a SONOS player's Line-In. Note that Line-In is not available on PLAY:1, PLAY:3, or PLAYBAR. If you dig around the forums you can find somewhat geeky methods, using software, to convert the station stream into a stream that appears as a station that SONOS can play.

Aah oke thx. Too bad I only have a playbar and play: 3.. and soon some play:1's. So the line-in won't work. I'm going to search for the more geeky solutions 😉. Thx
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Maybe this link can help you.

http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=121120&PID=1319089&SID=2792b8a5-9d74-16698873-41697-8810763889&title=soundcloud-via-sonos-stepbystep-guide#
Userlevel 2
Already have that working, but that's only for single songs on soundcloud, so it does not work. Poolside fm is a radio station based on soundcloud, but not just a stream on soundcloud, if you know what I mean. Thanks anyway.

Maybe this link can help you.

http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=121120&PID=1319089&SID=2792b8a5-9d74-16698873-41697-8810763889&title=soundcloud-via-sonos-stepbystep-guide#
Badge
Resurrecting this thread to share some great news. Poolside.fm is now available through Sonos. It's up there as a stream through the TuneIn app.