Answered

Internet is out

• 5 July 2019
  • 2 replies

My internet is out. Is there a way for me to listen to the saved music on my computer without internet access?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 July 2019, 19:33

Yes, follow the instructions to point Sonos at where your library is stored, assuming that your LAN still is there, and it’s only the connection to the outside world is down. If your LAN router itself is out, there would be no way for the speakers to reach your library.

If you have a Sonos with a line in, you could always wire the headphone out on your computer to the Line in, but you actually have to turn that on before you use it, if you can’t reach the Sonos system, it won’t work.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Yes!

Adding and updating your music library

Had to use this the other day when I had an outage as well. Luckily I have about 3 albums saved to my computer.
Yes, follow the instructions to point Sonos at where your library is stored, assuming that your LAN still is there, and it’s only the connection to the outside world is down. If your LAN router itself is out, there would be no way for the speakers to reach your library.

If you have a Sonos with a line in, you could always wire the headphone out on your computer to the Line in, but you actually have to turn that on before you use it, if you can’t reach the Sonos system, it won’t work.