Answered

Imported playlist differing from room to room

• 1 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi 

I have an imported playlist which contains 1430 songs. When I add the playlist to the queue in one room  (office) it brings it in correctly with the right amount of songs. If i clear the office queue and add the same imported playlist to another room (living room) it only includes 1164 songs ! How can this be?

No other rooms have any other playlists in their queue.

How does one room display the same playlist differently to another and more importantly how do i fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 February 2021, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @macca75.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you and see what we can do.

Each and every Sonos devices will hold and store your playlists, and there is a limited amount of storage on each. Given that Sonos devices have limited storage available to them, there's going to be a limit. Quite possible that this specific device memory is already full that’s why not all the tracks are saved.

To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the playlist is added to each of these 2 rooms and reply with the confirmation numbers. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi I have sent diagnostic report . Its 625974035.

However Im puzzled that it can device storage related as the issue is the same imported playlist being sent to one room and giving a different number of songs when the same playlist is sent to another room. When this is being tested I deleted the queue in the first room (the one that showed the correct number of songs). 

look forward to hearing from you

anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @macca75 

Apologies for the delay - there has been a change in forum moderators and we’re currently working through a backlog.

I recommend you get in touch with Sonos Technical Support directly, but before doing so, please try to find some answers to the following questions:

1. I notice both the Office and Living Room are Connects - do any non-Connect devices suffer the shortage too?
  2. There’s a possibility that the queue loading is hitting a time limit - as the Living Room is using WiFi, this would take longer than the wired unit in the Office. Does loading the playlist take longer than 20 seconds on the Living Room Connect?
  3. As it is wireless too, how does the Bedroom unit behave with the same playlist?
  4. If you have another playlist of comparable length, does it do the same? How does this second playlist vary across different rooms?
  5. Also, are the tracks in the playlist from your Music Library, or from streaming services?
  6. If you power-off the Office unit and leave it off, then clear and reload the playlist on the Living Room unit, do you get the same issue?

If you let us know here too, I’m sure some of our users would be interested to hear the results as well. Thanks.

Update: more investigation found that this may be due to a memory limitation of the older generation of the Connect in Living Room. This issue should not appear on devices made after 2015 unless the 20 second load time for the playlist is exceeded (this results in an error 1002).