Answered

Imported Itunes Playlists

• 26 October 2018
  • 2 replies

We have 2 macbooks in the sonos library both with imported playlists & libraries from Itunes. Some of the playlists contain songs which appear on both macbooks. If one of the macbooks is not switched on sonos says it can't find certain songs because they "XX computer cannot be found". How do I know which library Sonos is trying to find the song, and how do I get around this? Also am i right in thinking that it will only play songs that are actually downloaded to my mac and will not play those stored in the cloud?
icon

Best answer by Chris 26 October 2018, 18:55

My personal opinion - get an NAS drive (like a cheap MyCloud). get all your music and playlists backed up to a single 24/7 available device. NAS drives are great for backing up more than just your music and are incredibly useful.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My personal opinion - get an NAS drive (like a cheap MyCloud). get all your music and playlists backed up to a single 24/7 available device. NAS drives are great for backing up more than just your music and are incredibly useful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes the my library section is just going to show songs that reside on computer. Just like on my iPhone only shows songs actually residing on the phone.

For cloud stuff you have to use service applications like Apple Music Sonos app. or now Airplay2 if have compatible speakers.