Answered

iHeartRadio channels cutting out

I am having trouble with my Sonos now for a few days. My system hasn't changed on my side for a few months. Only certain iHeartRadio channels seem to be experiencing the issue of cutting out then resuming a second or more later. I heart iheartcountry and hitnation among them. There seems to be no pattern to the cutout. Sometimes every second, then it works normally for a few minutes.
Streaming from local devices or Google Play music has no issues. I have submitted a diagnostic number 6180729. Please help me if you can. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 25 May 2016, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

65 replies

Badge
Thank you Jeff! It's working perfectly now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you Jeff! It's working perfectly now.

Hi Hdtvcamera,

That's great news. If you run into any more issues, please let me know.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Happy to report iHeart Radio working fine on my Sonos system now as well. Thank you!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Happy to report iHeart Radio working fine on my Sonos system now as well. Thank you!!!!

Great!
Sorry to revisit this but again my Sonos/Iheart radio is randomly cutting out for a couple of seconds while I'm listening to the Colin Cowherd sports talk channel through I heart. I am not getting the same problem with the Colin Cowherd channel on TuneIn through Sonos so am satisfied that its just related to Sonos?I heart.
Anybody else finding the same thing ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry to revisit this but again my Sonos/Iheart radio is randomly cutting out for a couple of seconds while I'm listening to the Colin Cowherd sports talk channel through I heart. I am not getting the same problem with the Colin Cowherd channel on TuneIn through Sonos so am satisfied that its just related to Sonos?I heart.
Anybody else finding the same thing ?

Hi Martyparty56,

Audio interruptions are usually caused by wireless interference. You can try changing the wireless channel that your Sonos system. uses.

Also it may help to look around your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless device and try moving it away from your speakers.

If these steps don't help, please send a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
iHeartRadio channels are cutting out again. This started yesterday, May 16, 2017. While listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM the station cuts in & out. I get the following error: "Unable to play '102.7 KIIS-FM Los Angeles' - the song is not encoded correctly.". I tried a couple other stations. American Top 40 cut out within 30 seconds but Radio Disney didn't seem to have any issues. I've attached a screenshot of the error and my Sonos system version & build info. Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
iHeartRadio channels are cutting out again. This started yesterday, May 16, 2017. While listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM the station cuts in & out. I get the following error: "Unable to play '102.7 KIIS-FM Los Angeles' - the song is not encoded correctly.". I tried a couple other stations. American Top 40 cut out within 30 seconds but Radio Disney didn't seem to have any issues. I've attached a screenshot of the error and my Sonos system version & build info. Thanks!

Hi barryl8 - Certain iHeartRadio stations on Sonos are currently experiencing playback problems, which we are treating as an outage. We've reached out to their team and I will make sure to post back here once I have an update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
The issue with certain iHeartRadio stations experiencing problems on Sonos has been resolved. Please post here if you're still experiencing any issues and include a diagnostic number for our review.
I have the same issue however it is still not corrected. My diagnostic number is 7406212.
BTW, this occurs on multiple iHeart stations, and does not occur on pandora or local songs.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey ellefson, welcome to the community. Even though you report only dropouts on iHeartRadio and not other services, your system is registering a very high amount of interference and we will need to clean this up before further investigation. Can you try changing your router's channel to 11, or 13 if possible in your region? It seems the lower end of the spectrum is a bit busy in your area. Please take a look at this guide on wireless interference and try to move your Sonos players away from anything in your house which might be interfering.
Tom, thanx. Seems to be working OK today (for me). If I have further issues I'll try changing the wireless channel.
Mine cuts out frequently on WOC AM1420
Not sure whether to extend this forum or start a new one.

Either way, I'm having exactly the same issues that have been reported here, Spotify works fine, but ever since I've owned my Sonos:1 pair (for about 4 weeks), iHeartRadio has cut in and out at least once every 5-10 mins. It's driving me nuts as I work from home with the radio on all day! When I use the app through a standard bluetooth speaker, there is no issue, so this is localised to Sonos.

I've run submitted the diagnostics (7755355), and previously I changed my router's channel range (as I read somewhere that this was recommended for this issue); however, even when confirming, using the app inSSIDer, that my router is running on channel 1-5 with NO other networks overlapping, I still experience frequent and infuriating cutting in and out.

Please help!

Cheers.