Answered

iHeartRadio channels cutting out

I am having trouble with my Sonos now for a few days. My system hasn't changed on my side for a few months. Only certain iHeartRadio channels seem to be experiencing the issue of cutting out then resuming a second or more later. I heart iheartcountry and hitnation among them. There seems to be no pattern to the cutout. Sometimes every second, then it works normally for a few minutes.
Streaming from local devices or Google Play music has no issues. I have submitted a diagnostic number 6180729. Please help me if you can. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 25 May 2016, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

65 replies

No changes in placement or connections, just started last couple of days. Submitted diagnostics 6181300. Help?
Is it just iheartradio or other apps as well?
Having the same issues with iheart. Other streaming services working fine.
Just iHeart.
Just iHeart.
Same here. Saw another thread about it as well. Must be a problem specific to that app.
Same problem diagnostic number 6182008
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, thanks for bringing this up. We're investigating a number of radio stations which have this issue with iHeartRadio. We're helping them narrow down the problem and get it resolved.

If you do have issues with any particular iHeart Radio stations, can you please post here and let us know which ones?

Naturally, we'll want to make sure that you aren't having cutouts due to any other issue, so if your other services are playing fine, and local music does too, this could be what you're experiencing. If you have trouble with other sources, it'd be best to make a new thread and let us know. We'll help out.

Thanks for including those diagnostics as well, it helps a lot.
The Alternative Project is one that was having problems.
The herd with Colin Cowherd on Iheart radio. (sports channel)
I have the same issues with iheart radio 105.9 the x in pittsburgh
Badge +1
Same issue KNST AM, KFYI. Stations are fine on Tunein. In the now playing area under information it states SPOTBLOCKEND. I assume this is an iHeart issue
No changes in placement or connections, just started last couple of days. Submitted diagnostics 6181300. Help?

kOA
iHeartCountry and Hit Nation are the ones we listen to in this house. Both are having the issue. I have tried numerous different ones.
The first 5 minutes or so after starting the stream are normally fine, then it starts....
I have found out that this only happens on live channels, not if you use iHeartRadio to create a custom channel based on an artist. Then it seems to work fine.
Userlevel 2
I have had the same issue since this past Monday listening to WMMS 100.7 on iheart.
Been having this issue also for about 2 weeks (happens on all 4 of my Sonos devices around the house). Have seen it with iheartradio stations Hot 99.5, DC 101, and 97.1 WASH-FM all in the Washington DC area. One of the stations is used as an alarm, and within a few minutes of turning on, the speaker turns off completely due to the iheartradio instability.
I have been having the same issues for about a week and a half now. Streaming live stations on iheartradio. Channel 99.9 in Dayton specifically.

KOA 850 and KHOw 630 and 710 in Denver. Talk shows. Erratic streaming for about 4 days now. Looks like only iheart radio.
Badge +1
Hi All,

We'd like to get a bit more information about the issue you've experienced with iHeartRadio on your SONOS device. If possible could you please visit our contact page and send us a message?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Still can not add iheartradio back. Keep getting "There was a problem authorizing your account. Please check your internet connection. Select bak and try to authorize your account again."

Only iHeartRadio has issues so far. I was able to add pandora and amazon prime with no problems.

I've done hard resets and updated to all the latest firmwares. Rebooted routers, disconnected all other wifi routers and ip cameras, etc.

Please look at my diagnostic reports. 6184336
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi All,

We'd like to get a bit more information about the issue you've experienced with iHeartRadio on your SONOS device. If possible could you please visit our contact page and send us a message?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Just letting you'll know that this is from the help team over at iHeartRadio. If you are able to, it'd help them out to send a message their way.

Thanks!
Hi there. Same issues here. I normally listen to wood radio 106.9 and wbbl.com 107.3 both in Grand Rapids.
rovers morning glory is the only one I have tested. I have ungrouped speakers one at a time and still have the same problem. I notified iheart
KFAN 100.3 - Minneapolis Sports Radio is cutting out
iHeart country, the Wezel in Charleston, SC and the Wolf in Dallas - most all of my Iheart country stations are cutting out. I have submitted diagnostic on this 6188038.
101.1 WJRR in Orlando occasionally cuts out; 104.1 WTKS in Orlando cuts out continuously. Neither station has any issue using the iHeartRadio app.