Answered

IHeart Radio

• 20 February 2019
  • 1 reply

I have an Iheart Radio account in Canada. I'm trying to play radio stations from my Iheart radio account on my Sonos speakers in my US residence. It doesn't work. is this a Sonos problem or IHeart Radio problem? Hmmm right now I find both very annoying ....... any solutions? BTW, I get all my IHeart Radio stations on my devices, its just Sonos that doesn't like that service ..... maybe I should just simple speakers like Bose that give good sound and don't require "troubleshooting" ..... wouldn't it be simpler if SONOS just enabled all music that plays on my devices?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 February 2019, 07:10

It's more than likely an iHeart radio thing. Well, that is to say it's really more likely a lawyer who wrote the contracts for international music thing.

Not that I'm advising you to break any laws, but you may check your locale settings for both iHeart radio and for Sonos, and make sure they both match.

However, if you feel like BOSE will help you ignore international law better than Sonos, it's entirely up to you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It's more than likely an iHeart radio thing. Well, that is to say it's really more likely a lawyer who wrote the contracts for international music thing.

Not that I'm advising you to break any laws, but you may check your locale settings for both iHeart radio and for Sonos, and make sure they both match.

However, if you feel like BOSE will help you ignore international law better than Sonos, it's entirely up to you.