I Pad music Genres and Sonos

Suddenly I can not play any of the music genres on my ipad. Last week and for 4 years, no problem, now only plays album or selected songs....... anyone know how to play an entire genre?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The 'On my iPad' section has various headings including 'Genres' as per screenshot... you can go into that section and then choose a particular genre, like 'Pop' for example.

At the top of the screen is an (...) ellipsis control menu, which allows the user to 'play now' all the songs in that chosen genre.
Thank you....Yes, that used to work. Now when I go to "browse", select a Genre, I get nothing more than a list of all the albums in the Genre. The (...) is no longer there. Please note, I can still use my Genre on my i pad when connected to different sound system(not Sonos) at another location
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
tsechowicz wrote:

Thank you....Yes, that used to work. Now when I go to "browse", select a Genre, I get nothing more than a list of all the albums in the Genre. The (...) is no longer there. Please note, I can still use my Genre on my i pad when connected to different sound system(not Sonos) at another location

tsechowicz.

You can’t go from 'Browse' then direct into 'Genre' in the Sonos App? That’s not possible... is there some other selection that you choose before that?

If you can state the steps exactly, I will happily check it on my iPad and try to reproduce the issue here.
On my i pad, I go to "Browse", then, "On this I pad", then "Genre", I then see the list of Genres I have set up. If I select one of them, what I see is a complete list of all the albums in that Genre. I now can only select either an album, or a song on an album. Last week I was able to play the entire Genre selected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
That’s strange... I go 'Browse', 'On this iPad', 'Genre' and then goto 'pop' and I have access to the tracks in the genre and can then goto the ellipsis menu and choose 'Play Now'.

That’s really odd ?
Yes, that is the way mine used to work......... I have no idea how to get it back, and feel even worse after calling Sonos Tech help.... since they told me the newest update eliminated the function
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I assume you may have an older iPad then. I think you need one with iOS 11.4 installed. (Possibly - not sure?)
I wish it were that simple. The i pad is less than one year old and is up to date on software. Who knows, perhaps it is the result of the latest Apple update and I will have to wait until the next update.... which now seem to come almost monthly. Thank you for all of your suggestions

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings