Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Userlevel 2

I am a premium member of YouTube Music and I have successfully added the service to my Sonos app in Android.

However, when I try to play music from YouTube Music it is showing a message that access is denied. Please help. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 April 2020, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Hi @DJ Trix.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

At this time, customers can upload their locally saved tracks to YouTube Music and stream them on Sonos for free. To stream the entire YouTube Music catalog on Sonos, customers need a premium account. That said, we’re always evolving the listening experience with our partners over time.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark- The information you have posted is not correct- I have YT Premium family membership and nothing in this thread helped me to stream music that was not part of my uploads. I experience the same “connection lost” error reported by others.

Still getting access denied problem with YouTube Music on my Sonos.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Thanks.

This whole experience is infuriating. Why does this have to be so difficult? I have a Bose wireless speaker that works seamlessly, no setup required, no account required, no joining accounts together with the "proper" subscription levels. You literally just cast ANYTHING you're playing on your phone to the speaker. It's so intuitive and simple. And the quality is phenomenal. Did I mention it's BOSE?

Also, I want a refund. 

Still getting access denied problem with YouTube Music on my Sonos.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Thanks.

I am still having this issue. I have tried every “potential fix” that I found online but nothing works. High Quality audio from YouTube still doesn’t play and shows a “access denied” error. 

I am having the same problem I would recommend just selling / bin your Sonos as there rubbish, an get no help from customer services as they have no clue ether there so complicated to set up to YouTube. Just get a Bluetooth speaker. So much easier and better 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am having the same problem I would recommend just selling / bin your Sonos as there rubbish, an get no help from customer services as they have no clue ether there so complicated to set up to YouTube. Just get a Bluetooth speaker. So much easier and better 

Or use a different music service, one that actually cares about their customers.

Thank you bruso11. Your tip worked for me!

Hi everyone, there’s an update that went out today that should make some big improvements here. Please test out YouTube music and let us know if you’re still having this encoding error come up.

Hi - Yes. Still have the error coming up in Sonos app. I can go to Google and look at activity and it shows the songs (videos though) as being played for the short period before it errors in Sonos. So the Sonos app is attempting to talk to YouTube Music, get’s a connection and link, then get’s an encoding error as it is a video it is hitting and not YouTube Music (therefor the encoding error).

All other aspects of the YouTube connection are positive in Google. 3rd party apps shows the Sonos app has permissions for YouTube Music.

There are so many rabbit holes to follow, but it looks like the Sonos app is sending the wrong call to YouTube and getting a “Vidio” response rather than a “Mp4/Music encoding” response and can’t play it.

It would be appreciated if you could respond ASAP.