I Broadcast

• 6 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I recently came across Ibroadcast and have to say it has solved all the problems I have had with music storage on my NAS server. I am now able to add album covers which also serve as artist covers. IBroadcast finds most of them for you. Having uploaded my entire library I will clean it up and download. However would rather it linked straight to Sonos. What i had intermittantly spent years doing has been completed in weeks. I also use Spotify but spotify does not suggest songs as good as IBroadcast.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Their web site contains close to no information (cannot even tell if there is any Sonos integration), but the T&C reveals that this is for your music only ie if you are musician, you can post your music on there. “In short, you cannot upload music which is not yours to upload“. Its also a free service, and we all know that is not a sustainable business model, especially when lawyers and music sharing is involved.

Plex on the other hand is probably a better solution to the problem of sharing your personal collection of mp3s to multiple devices, over the internet. Plus they have a business model.

Are you not allowed to store your CD collection on a NAS server to listen on Sonos? As IBroadcast is a personal server in the cloud.  Content uploaded to IB is not available to any other user. Where it differs is the way you can tag music to show album covers and it has a search engine that works. It works with Android Auto and Alexa why not Sonos. I have Plex but it does not work half as well as IB.

Plex on the other hand is probably a better solution to the problem of sharing your personal collection of mp3s to multiple devices, over the internet. Plus they have a business model.

I am not looking to share anything, looking for a better Sonos experience!