Answered

I am unable to add Spotify to my Sonos App

The system was set up and working. Last night I started getting an error message when I tried to launch Spotify from Sonos “unable to add songs to queue”.

First I removed the Spotify app from Sonos, and tried to re-add it. And got the error message “unable to add Spotify account”. 

Then I deleted both apps and their passwords and reinstalled them. And still I get the error message “unable to add Spotify account”. 

Now I’m completely frustrated. Help please!

icon

Best answer by chellsmith 4 April 2020, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you try rebooting your router.  Sometimes they will block certain traffic coming in when in a bad state.

No - I’ll try that. Thanks!

I rebooted the router and am still having the same issue. Darn!

I have the same issue. Spotify is working on other devices but the Sonos system won't connect to it. Have tried rebooting everything, re-installing app etc. Very frustrating@

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would go under settings...help…. submit diagnostic and post number here for a sonos rep to review your system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just to be clear you all are both talking about the spotify within the sonos app.

Assume you can play via the spotify app itself (outside the sonos app) and selecting sonos speaker that way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have seen where people had trouble on their phone they were able to do it on another device (or the desktop app).   

You could try rebooting your phone as well.

Will work on phone just fine (completely separate to Sonos) so I don't think it is a Spotify issue. Can play Tunein and Souncloud but not Spotify. It won't even appear under the list if services available. Have already submitted a diagnostics number.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

if it doesn’t appear under services available then your sonos account is most likely set to a country not available (under sonos.com profile)

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1153?language=en_US

Diagnostics number 224824209 sent.

Still no fix to the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I still find it unusual in that you say it doesn’t show as a service you can add under the add services.

Did you go into your sonos.com login...under account...profile

What country does it say you are?

Hi Chris,

Australia. This all happened from one use of the system to the next. Nothing was altered.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can also check for outages on https://status.sonos.com

So this just keeps getting worse.  I tried to add Spotify on my iPad - same error. Then I tried to submit diagnostics and it says 'not able to submit diagnostics at this time'. I seem to be cursed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like some kind of network error - what happens if you plug one of your sonos units into router with ethernet cable.

I unplugged each of my sonos products, waited 10 seconds, and unplugged them in. Was then able to add Spotify. Clearly something in the sonos system wasn't synced up right! Anyway, all good now. I really appreciate all the suggestions - thanks for your time and effort!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Glad you have it working 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Muck

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your diagnostic report.  

I’ve taken a look at the diagnostic report that you have submitted and I have a few questions about your current Sonos set-up. 

It looks like you have a Sonos Bridge wired into a Netgear device. Is that Netgear an extender or an access point? 

Is it possible to wire one of your other Sonos products (Play:1s or Play:5) directly to your main Technicolor router and disconnect the Ethernet connection on the Bridge completely?

Technicolor Router→ Sonos Play:1or5

Alternatively

Technicolor Rotuer → Bridge 

Having your Sonos system wired to a wireless extender/access point or secondary router will introduce opportunities for packet loss that can adversely effect both Sonos playback and adding or accessing music services.

Sonos Bridges are becoming less reliable and if it is possible to wire one of your speakers to your network instead, your system performance may stabilize.

Please feel free to submit a follow-up diagnostic after you have made some adjustments and I’d be happy to look it over for you.    

my electrician set it up, so I have no idea how to wire anything to anything in my new house. Spotify is working now, but also now the TV is missing from the app and I can’t control the volume on the TV. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks very much everyone for your advice. I finally fixed the issue by removing the bridge and connecting one of my Play 1 speakers directly into the router. Unfortunately, the location of the router is not where I wanted a speaker but at least I have two other speakers I can use.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @chellsmith

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. 

If you could submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app, I’d be happy to look it over for you. 

Be sure to include the confirmation number in your reply so that we can pull the data for you.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

@Muck,

You may want to look into acquiring a Sonos Boost to replace your Bridge if removing the Bridge did resolve your issue. 

I am now having this same problem

I am unable to add the Spotify account back after deleting it. When I did have it for on the message was nit able to add tracks to the queue. I tried connecting my new one SL directly to the router but that caused it to disappear from the Sonos system entirely