How to retrieve Spotify Password from Sonos controller/App?

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have my Sonos system with Spotify Password saved on it.

I now would like to create, for my office separated from my house, another Sonos account using the same configuration, including Spotify. But I do not remember the Spotify pasword that I used.

Is there any chance to get the saved password from Sonos Controller / App ?

many thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To my knowledge, there is no way to expose/extract the Spotify, or any other non-Sonos password from the Sonos controller. Your best bet would be to go to Spotify, change your password there, then enter it into both your Sonos setups. 

Userlevel 7

If using iOS, go to Settings > Passwords and retrieve your stored Spotify password that way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Around 7 years ago it was possible to extract every username and password for all Sonos-connected music services from the system.

However Sonos locked it all down, and now the system only stores Oauth tokens, not usernames/passwords.

However you could still clone your home system to the office, crudely, by taking a speaker from home to the office and adding new devices to it there, as a kind of divorced-system. No way to keep them in sync once you take this step, and will get really messy for voice integration, but if you are desperate it will work.