Answered

How to play an app through sonos player

• 25 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to play an app through Sonos? For example, the white noise app, which is on my iPhone and is not integrated into the sonos player. I would like to do this wirelessly, not using the line-in method. I saw a quick note when updating the sonos system that now any sound on an iPhone can be played but can’t figure out how to make this happen.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 October 2018, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Airplay 2 can be used to play an iOS device directly to an Airplay 2 capable Sonos device (Sonos One, Play:5 2nd Gen, Playbase, or Beam). Other Sonos devices can play an Airplay 2 stream, but only when grouped with an Airplay 2 capable device.

See this link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US
Or simply download a white noise MP3 file onto the iPhone and play it on repeat.
Thank you for the info. I am unable to see any of my sonos one speakers in the airplay list, even though they are not set up as surrounds. I have 3 sonos one speakers throughout the house but none of them show up in the airplay list. They are all powered on and up to date. Any ideas on why this may be? If not, I will try the suggestion to download the mp3 file onto the phone.
Are you sure they are Sonos One speakers? The Play:1 looks very similar, but does not have built in Alexa or Airplay 2 capability. Here's the difference

:

Play:1 is on the left, Sonos One is on the right.
Well that explains it! I have the Play:1, sadly. Thanks so much for the info.
Well that sucks. Spend that amount of money and be limited to what you can play because you bought the wrong speaker?

Seriously regretting my purchase now.