Answered

How do you know from app what songs are Amazon HD?

• 6 February 2020
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So, allegedly, Amazon HD is supported on Sonos.

How does one know what songs are in HD and what are not?  I don’t see any of this indicated on the Sonos app.   Is every song in the upgraded HD format and we should just presume we are getting that quality?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by ratty 6 February 2020, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

I’m always fascinated by when this happens to me, trying to figure out what in my posts triggered the ‘filter’. In a few instances, I think it was links, but not always. InSided, the provider of this forum’s software claims it’s a ‘smart’ filter, but sometimes I have doubts.

I’m always fascinated by when this happens to me, trying to figure out what in my posts triggered the ‘filter’. In a few instances, I think it was links, but not always. InSided, the provider of this forum’s software claims it’s a ‘smart’ filter, but sometimes I have doubts.

I just had a third blocked 10 minutes ago. Quite short and no links. We’ll see if this one I’m typing in reply makes it out. Seems to have something to do with frequency and length of posts as well… but I dunno. I have doubts as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

As much as I love Qobuz, it looks like I am going to have to cancel it.

First, I signed up for a free month and immediately received a solid $150+ charge on my credit card.  This is not a pending charge.

Second, I can’t log into Quboz via CarPlay even if I am logged into the app on my iPhone.

So, I wrote the company and told them if they are going to charge me right out of the gate and I can’t even log into Carplay, to cancel my account

As much as I love Qobuz, it looks like I am going to have to cancel it.

First, I signed up for a free month and immediately received a solid $150+ charge on my credit card.  This is not a pending charge.

Second, I can’t log into Quboz via CarPlay even if I am logged into the app on my iPhone.

So, I wrote the company and told them if they are going to charge me right out of the gate and I can’t even log into Carplay, to cancel my account

Uh-oh. Hmmm… Not sure about the charge. I know I didn’t select annual when I first signed, but rather 30-day free trial which would have defaulted to monthly at $15 after the 30 days, but there was no initial charge. However after 3 or 4 days I was ready to sign up and had to switch my plan to annual for that discount price (and it warned me my trial would expire). Best I can think is the annual, if chosen at onset, might just have a 30-day money-back sort of arrangement and/or your subscription would wind up being for 13-months perhaps? I really don’t know.

Re: Carplay, have you gotten in touch with their support? Unfortunately that’s not a topic I’ll be of any help with (Android land over here). I wrote them about an issue with track metadata (definitely not a mission critical problem) and they were pretty responsive. https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/help/contact

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I did write customer support about the charge after starting the trial and after 24 hours I have yet to hear back. I am certain I eventually will and I can easily dispute the charge on my credit card.

I had the opportunity to listen to Qobuz in my car, which remarkably is my most critical and favorite place to listen to music.  Despite advice I was given here, I did set the streaming to one notch above CD quality.   I am really amazed at how clean the audio is in my vehicle.  I have decent audio in my Lincoln and it just sounds so much better than anything else before it.   I miss the days of cars having DVD-A access and this is just the replacement I needed.

I am still tracking the data usage but I have a 75GB per month plan with Verizon.

The problem with Carplay?  It works if you plug your iPhone into the head unit.  It’s just that the interface does not.  The interface will not connect.  I can skip music and go to the next track using my steering wheel control, but I can’t see what song/artist is playing unless I open my phone and look at the app.

I will try and get this straightened out with their tech team (thanks for the link).  I am just angry these guys charged me for an alleged first-month trial.

It’s quite possible to hear a difference that has nothing to do with the higher resolution.  Sometimes the higher resolution files are remasters, which would sound exactly the same if they were released at CD quality.  It could also be the service is degrading the CD quality track. 

Is that unscrupulous?  Why yes, but High Resolution audio is filled with stories about companies being unscrupulous.  Failed Neil Young venture Pono was proven to be rolling off the highs when their player was set to CD quality, thus making the Hi-Res output sound better.  Other Hi-Res vendors were found to be upscaling CD’s to 24/96 and charging a premium for “Hi-Res” content that wasn’t Hi-Res at all. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Back and forth with Qobuz customer support.

First of all, I am stuck with this service for the next year.  They kind of hide the details on their main page but the 30-day trial is not available with the annual plan.   The annual plan essentially gives you two months free but you pay upfront.

The custom support team did tell me that their Carplay support is in beta.  They hope to roll out a finalized version in the near future, however, had I known this before purchase, I would have waited to buy.

Still, I suppose, all is not lost.  I do like the abundant amount of music and member curated playlists.

It sounds phenomenal on my Sonos system and more importantly in my vehicle.  The only drawback is that until the iOS app is out of beta stage, there is no music display information on the car screen.