Answered

How do I see/play playlist stored on a NAS?

• 9 January 2022
  • 3 replies

All of my music is stored on a NAS.  Format is wav file.  Ripped using third party software or WMP.  I have a number of Playlists I’ve created using WMP.   When I open Sonos it sees all of my music under ‘Music Library’ but none of my playlists.  What can i do to make my playlists available?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 January 2022, 03:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Imported Playlists are found under Music Library > Imported Playlists.  As long as they are in the share path, Sonos will import 2 types of playlists, iTunes and .m3u.  If yours are another format, convert them to .m3u.

After doing some house cleaning and eliminating duplicates, cleaning up the library, etc; one old, existing playlist is showing under ‘imported playlists’.  This particular playlist is a .wpl file.   I don’t know why it appeared but it works.  Last night I created a new playlist but it does not show under ‘imported playlists’.  

Is there a procedure, like indexing, that will discover the playlist and list it under imported playlists?

Also, the support section of Sonos seems to indicate that a playlist created with Windows Media Player (.wpl) is acceptable.

So, I ran an index and the new playlist is there under ‘imported playlists’.  So for the time being all is well.