Answered

How do I see/play playlist stored on a NAS?

• 9 January 2022
  • 3 replies

All of my music is stored on a NAS.  Format is wav file.  Ripped using third party software or WMP.  I have a number of Playlists I’ve created using WMP.   When I open Sonos it sees all of my music under ‘Music Library’ but none of my playlists.  What can i do to make my playlists available?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 January 2022, 03:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

So, I ran an index and the new playlist is there under ‘imported playlists’.  So for the time being all is well.

After doing some house cleaning and eliminating duplicates, cleaning up the library, etc; one old, existing playlist is showing under ‘imported playlists’.  This particular playlist is a .wpl file.   I don’t know why it appeared but it works.  Last night I created a new playlist but it does not show under ‘imported playlists’.  

Is there a procedure, like indexing, that will discover the playlist and list it under imported playlists?

Also, the support section of Sonos seems to indicate that a playlist created with Windows Media Player (.wpl) is acceptable.

Imported Playlists are found under Music Library > Imported Playlists.  As long as they are in the share path, Sonos will import 2 types of playlists, iTunes and .m3u.  If yours are another format, convert them to .m3u.