Answered

How do I index a playlist from Catalina Music App

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I was able to have Sonos index my iTunes library on my MacBook Pro that  has Catalina OS.  All my songs and album appear to be there.  Playlist are not.  There is no xml file, is there a way to create one in Catalina for Sonos to find?

icon

Best answer by Sebastien D. 25 March 2020, 19:49

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately this is due to the update on to iOS 10.15. Apple has removed support from iTunes using .xml files. This essentially means that you cannot create a list of music for Sonos anymore. The workarounds are as follows:

Workaround(s)

• If possible, Airplay compatible speakers, they can airplay the respective playlists from the new Music App to Sonos.
  • Use iTunes on Windows to share music library to Sonos.
  • Create a folder called "iTunes" within the user's "music" folder. Then re index the Sonos Music library and the playlists within the Music App should now appear in Sonos.   *Note : Smart playlists are not supported for imported playlists on Sonos.
  • Subscribe to Apple Music and add as a service to Sonos. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately this is due to the update on to iOS 10.15. Apple has removed support from iTunes using .xml files. This essentially means that you cannot create a list of music for Sonos anymore. The workarounds are as follows:

Workaround(s)

• If possible, Airplay compatible speakers, they can airplay the respective playlists from the new Music App to Sonos.
  • Use iTunes on Windows to share music library to Sonos.
  • Create a folder called "iTunes" within the user's "music" folder. Then re index the Sonos Music library and the playlists within the Music App should now appear in Sonos.   *Note : Smart playlists are not supported for imported playlists on Sonos.
  • Subscribe to Apple Music and add as a service to Sonos. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks, I went back to my Mac Mini with Mojave OS.  99% happy now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

No problem at all. Let us know if you any other questions or concerns.