Question

How do I help Sonos recognize my podcast?

• 25 December 2016
  • 10 replies

New to Sonos. I have podcasts on my phone that I'd like to play through my Sonos speaker, but in the Sonos menu under podcast doesn't recognize any on my phone and I don't see any option for how to show it where they are. Alternatively I could just play it via the podcast software on my phone but I can't seem to get that working either. Suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Do you have any music files on your phone? If not, try putting a single music file on there. There was a time when (bizarrely) this was necessary to make podcasts show up. Not sure if that is still the case.
Alternatively, is there any possibility the podcasts are in the cloud not physically on tge phone?
I didn't have music on the phone yet so I added a few songs. They played fine. But the podcast still aren't showing up. I don't use a cloud. The podcast are definitely on the phone.
Now you have added music, reboot your phone. What phone is it?
I did reboot the phone. There was no effect it's an Android S7 active
Samsung Galaxy S7 active
Where are podcasts stored on your device?

As an experimebt, can you copy one podcast file to the music folder. Can you see it?
They are at /storage/emulated/DogCatcher/EpisodeEnclosures/[# folder]/[episode title].
Copying it to the music folder did work. But I don't want to have to do that. I suppose I could look into trying to change the default location on the other app. Any other ideas?
Copying it to the music folder did work. But I don't want to have to do that. I suppose I could look into trying to change the default location on the other app. Any other ideas?I think you will have to ensure that the Podcasts end up in the Podcasts folder. On my Android phone that is /storage/emulated/0/Podcasts, but I don't know if that is the same on yours.
Okay I'll take a look at what I can do. Thanks for the help