Question

How can I play Saavn downloaded music on sonos.?

• 22 October 2014
  • 18 replies

How can I play Saavn downloaded music on sonos.? I am able to stream saavn now but as the internet is not very good I wanted to stream downloaded music from saavn library on my ipad

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Rajeev, follow these instructions for adding Saavn to Sonos. Let me know if you need any help, thanks.
I've signed up for Saavn Pro and have been using it on my phone. However, whenever I try to connect it to Sonos via the instructions provided, I go through the authorization process, and then get an error message saying that I need to sign up for Saavn Pro to use it with Sonos. I've tried reinstalling the Sonos app, reauthorizing the Saavn account, contacting Saavn customer service, etc. Everything is upgraded and reflecting that on Saavn, but Sonos isn't being able to see the change apparently.

Please advise, since the only reason I'm paying for Saavn Pro is to be able to use it with my Sonos system at home.
I am having the same problem, I click on the link to reauthorize it takes me to the saavn site with authorization code I click authorize and it accepts code and on the phone I am using saavn pro, but in sonos it doesn't accept the account. It also doesn't ask for my login information either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem, I click on the link to reauthorize it takes me to the saavn site with authorization code I click authorize and it accepts code and on the phone I am using saavn pro, but in sonos it doesn't accept the account. It also doesn't ask for my login information either.

Hi Bhakta,

I'd like to see some data from your system to understand why this is happening. Please send in a report then reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
My diag # is 6332474
How can I play Saavn downloaded music on sonos.? I am able to stream saavn now but as the internet is not very good I wanted to stream downloaded music from saavn library on my ipad

I don't know about Saavn, but most providers that have downloads use DRM protected files that are only playable through the provider's app, not via Sonos. Apple Music, for example.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My diag # is 6332474

Hi Bhakta,

The diagnostic report came through with some formatting errors, could you please send a new report and reply with the number?

I don't know about Saavn, but most providers that have downloads use DRM protected files that are only playable through the provider's app, not via Sonos. Apple Music, for example.

I haven't noticed this in Apple Music - but I don't use their app much, but this should be the case when using Apple Music via iTunes on a Mac as well. As an example, which music can you hear via the Apple app that isn't available via Sonos?
And if this was indeed the case, is this not a bug in the Apple/Sonos integration that needs to be pointed out?
Files saved via the Apple Music app to iPad can't be played via Sonos app from "on this iPad" menu item. This is expected behavior; files are DRM protected, unlike purchased files.

Ahh, ok; I had misunderstood you. The kind of downloads you refer to not being playable other than via the app is NOT a bug, I agree.

I had also misunderstood the question to be relating to downloaded music purchased from Saavn; I now see that this isn't what the question is about.
PS: Probably a better way to describe such downloads is how Apple does - by calling it music that can be played offline. But none of this seems to be the subject of recent discussions on this thread.
This isn't a DRM issue, or a downloaded song, or apple issue. In the saavn app it is recognized as a pro/premium user, inside sonos app it doesn't recognize it and only leaves the url for a pro purchase which can't be done again. Even on PC, android, Mac Mini it's the same result as the iPhone.

I was referencing the same problem as user nsgo not the original poster who started this thread.
Ah, didn't notice the OP was a year old, comments refer to it.
Badge
so whts the update on this issue, i have the same issue as bhakta is referring to. so frustrating.
I have the same issue with using Saavn through Sonos. I even tried by upgrading my Saavn account to Pro but no luck. Only reason I am paying for Saavn PRO is so I can play my songs list on Sonos. Any inputs will help.
Badge
I have finally used the sonos desktop app based on suggestion. This has resolved my issue of not being able to add saavn pro.
The desktop app resolves the issue.
Hi DeepDey,

Thanks for posting your resolution. I tried uninstalling Saavn on the Desktop app and then re-installing. I am now able to run Saavn from the Desktop and Android apps.

Thanks again for sharing the solution.!!!
Badge
No problem at all.
Thanks DeepDey. After the Mac version was configured it instantly was in sync with mobile Sonos App.