Answered

Hoopla App

• 7 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to connect to an internet application (hoopla) from my laptop to broadcast through my Sonos speakers?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 October 2017, 02:50

Not easily, without using a headphone jack on your computer to a Sonos device that has a line in, like a Play:5. In their current version, Sonos are not designed to be computer speakers. That may change in the future, as they continue to integrate things like Google Assistant and Airplay 2. But right now, and for the next several months, no. You might ask Hoopla if they could integrate with a Sonos, though.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not easily, without using a headphone jack on your computer to a Sonos device that has a line in, like a Play:5. In their current version, Sonos are not designed to be computer speakers. That may change in the future, as they continue to integrate things like Google Assistant and Airplay 2. But right now, and for the next several months, no. You might ask Hoopla if they could integrate with a Sonos, though.
Thank you, Bruce.
You're most welcome. Wish it was a better answer, but I do hold out hope for the future.