Answered

HomeKit Not Recognizing Grouped Speakers

Hey there,

I have a number of One’s as well as a Playbase grouped with two more One’s as surrounds. I was able to add all of the other One’s to the Home app, but the grouped Playbase and One’s won’t show up. Tried unplugging all three grouped speakers, deleting and re-installing the Home app, and still not able to get everything recognized. All up to date on both Sonos and iOS...any suggestions?

Matt
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 August 2018, 03:47

The Ones connected to the Playbase won’t show up, they are “slaves” to the Playbase, which isn’t an AirPlay 2 capable device. You can group the Playbase to your other Sonos Ones to get that room to play.

View original

3 replies

The Ones connected to the Playbase won’t show up, they are “slaves” to the Playbase, which isn’t an AirPlay 2 capable device. You can group the Playbase to your other Sonos Ones to get that room to play.
I thought the Playbase was an Airplay 2 device...is that just in the context of it being able to receive an Airplay 2 signal (which works, I can Airplay from Music to all speakers) or is the functionality still forthcoming?
I have exactly the same issue - I have a Beam and 2 Ones as Surround for a TV and they do not appear in HomeKit as one device (tried the procedure of not having a code and speaker did not show up automatically) - what should I do?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings