Answered

Help Apple Music (no cell ph)

• 22 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone. Everything worked great. I moved and had SONOS Gen 2  etc in storage. At new place - 6 months later - I had ‘reset’ and move to S2 - rebuilding SONOS and services etc. That was no joy. 

I’m up and running except I can’t add my Apple Music service (in my name). 

It says must use Android or Apple phone. However, SONOs no longer likes my cell for some features and says upgrade the o/s (there isn’t one) when I try to add the service. I don’t have an Apple phone. When I added S2 to her’s it will only accept Apple Music in her name (she doesn’t have an account).   

So, I’m stuck. Either upgrade my phone/switch to Apple OR use a workaround to get the apple service added. 

(p.s.: not inclined to play music on the cell and pipe it in through aux.)

So, doesn’t anyone have a work around to re-add Apple Music as a service? On the windows PC it of course says use your phone. 

Thank you. 

DS

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 October 2021, 14:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thank you.

However, not for Apple anyway.

I tried that on Apple and the problem is that someone else’s Iphone doesn’t like (won’t accept) my own Apple ID for I music on their phone. It thinks, I think, that I’m sharing my I music. Maybe on android. But a big intrusion as it also needs to be done here, in the presence of the system. So, the search for solutions continues. 

It sounds like you perhaps need to simply ‘borrow’ a compatible phone off a friend for a few minutes, just to setup the service - but what phone are you using?