Answered

Has Anyone Else Gotten This Error Message ?

• 8 July 2021
  • 3 replies

It’s extremely annoying, not using S2 because it isn’t compatible and now it seems they’re trying to force me to buy a new product ? Maybe someone can inform me otherwise 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 July 2021, 11:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

In the Sonos app, go to Settings > System > System Updates to update the S1 app.

You can reauthorize your SoundCloud account under Settings > Services & Voice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@GuitarSuperstar So @BillWalton needs to update the S1 app, not upgrade to the S2 app?

I’d assume that the speakers may have auto-updated to the most recent version of S1, and the controller needs to be updated as well. To my knowledge, there is no way to ‘automatically’ update to S2, it requires someone clicking on a button in a controller.

This error suggests a mismatch between controller and speaker software versions. Checking for that update should resolve the issue, without needing to go to S2, but it may be necessary, once the software versions match, to reauthorize the SoundCloud account, essentially removing it from Sonos, then adding it back in, forcing the Sonos system to re-initiate a handshake with the SoundCloud authorization servers.