Groove Music now in Beta on Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

47 replies

This is great news, glad to hear for SONOS support. Now if we can get the Windows 10 Mobile app going, this would be all I would need.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
FIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, its beta so please fix multi accounts - two accounts only showing the first accounts playlists etc.

Also next when is WP/universal app!!!

and finally, what is the bitrate for Groove?

You need to switch account by tapping on the account name at the top when on the Groove page in the SONOS app, or by clicking the arrow next to Groove Music on the source page on the PC/MAC client.
Yes! Finally!

Now, how about some UWP app love for us WIndows users? While the desktop app works it'd be much better having a truly universal app for PC. tablet, phone and Xbox. There was a hidden beta in the store some months ago, what happened? Never released as you've rewritten it as a universal Win10 app?

I would love to have this universal app too
Badge
Awesome. Listening now!

As other have said I want (need) a Windows 10 Universal App!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thank you SONOS!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just purchased a Sonos connect to try out Groove music. Having the following issues::

Searching fails with an error "unable to browse music"
Playlists updated with new music not reflected on Sonos.

Anyone else experienced these issues??
This is such a fantastic announcement! This was holding me back from purchasing Sonos and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this news! About to become a proud Sonos owner so I can stream my Groove Music throughout my home.

+1 on the request for a Universal Windows 10 app 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
This is such a fantastic announcement! This was holding me back from purchasing Sonos and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this news! About to become a proud Sonos owner so I can stream my Groove Music throughout my home.

+1 on the request for a Universal Windows 10 app :)

I would strongly suggest waiting until groove comes out of beta for Sonos.

I have done the same thing, purchased a sonos off the back of this move, and quite frankly Groove support in its current state simply doesnt work.
In addition, the only software which will allow you to control groove is the windows app which is not at all touch friendly, and all 3rd party windows apps such as phonos cant support groove becuase of authentication issues.

If we dont get an official windows 10 app for Sonos, and groove music doesnt come out of Beta in the next couple of months, I`ll be forced to abandon sonos and revert to squeezebox.
Userlevel 2
Just purchased a Sonos connect to try out Groove music. Having the following issues::

Yes, that's what I'm getting. I tried the Beta and the final version released last week. It has been completely unreliable, and totally unusable. Issues are at least initially 'unable to browse music'. If I do get anything to play, it will only do it once, and will skip tracks.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, that's what I'm getting. I tried the Beta and the final version released last week. It has been completely unreliable, and totally unusable. Issues are at least initially 'unable to browse music'. If I do get anything to play, it will only do it once, and will skip tracks.

Does anyone know how to formally raise this with Sonos? The silence from Sonos techncial staff is deafening, so I assume they dont monitor these boards.
I use Groove streaming service, but on Sonos in Italy it isn't supported. I have a Lumia Phone, but Sonos hasn't an APP for my phone. In Italy Windows phone sales are larger than iPhone. Sonos is interested to Italian customers.
Userlevel 2
I've been having Groove issues all this week.
I get the first 10 secs of any Groove song, then an error, then it tries to play the next song.
Been on and off for a month or more, but it’s unbearable this week.

If I play Groove music from the Groove app on my phone, or on my Win10 PC, they play fine.
Same account is used, same network is used.

I’ve submitted diagnostics...any chance you all could take a look?
DIAGNOSTIC ID: 5105836
This is great....just heard that this was available. Setup was easy. Thanks Microsoft and Sonos for making this happen! The icing on the cake would be a Windows 10 Mobile App. Pretty please.....
Userlevel 1
"Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 4:21 PM Eastern Time
Unable to play 'Hymn For The Weekend' - the connection to Groove was lost."

Having the timeout issue as well. It happened after 2:30 so 150 seconds or so. Whats interesting, and hopefully this helps the IT staff, is that if you receive the message about unable to play and then pause the track before it runs out of buffer, and then hit play again it will actually finish the song - assuming that the song is under a total duration of 5 minutes based on my 2:30 timeout estimate.

So it basically seems that you have some weird timeout setting running amuck. It should be a simple fix. Streaming in the native groove application on windows 10 works perfectly so it is something within the connection from sonos to groove music.

I also reset my routers and powered off/on the sonos connect. I also removed and added the groove music service. Nothing changed the above outcome. Please address ASAP with the holidays coming etc.

Thanks.
Badge
Just to add the "me too": Tracks from my own collection (without Groove music pass) skip after 2 minutes or so. The same tracks play fine over a NAS. To crosscheck I opened up a free trial account on Groove, tracks from there play without issues, just those in my own collection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just to add the "me too": Tracks from my own collection (without Groove music pass) skip after 2 minutes or so. The same tracks play fine over a NAS. To crosscheck I opened up a free trial account on Groove, tracks from there play without issues, just those in my own collection.

Thanks, we're looking into this with Microsoft. The irregular playback troubles with My Collection tracks are under investigation.
Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same with groove tracks from my onedrive collection. Been using sonos for quite some time and everything plays fine on other music streaming services. It's only groove that acts funny: skipping tracks after x seconds..Weird. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Immediately installed the Groove service.

Unfortunately Sonos keeps losing the 'groove' connection every 45-60 seconds, and skips to the next song.

Unusable right now. But i trust this will be fixed.

Creating a new thread to troubleshoot the technical issue Please reference the new conversation here: Groove Music cutting out

Thanks, we're looking into this with Microsoft. The irregular playback troubles with My Collection tracks are under investigation.

Any response yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Any response yet

I updated the links to go to the correct thread, they were pointing to the old community. This issue is being worked on right now with Microsoft, but unfortunately we don't have a new status update to share. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as there's more.
How can I add the Groove Service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
How can I add the Groove Service?

There are directions here on the bottom of the page to add Groove to Sonos. If it doesn't show as an option on the list of services, make sure that you're in a supported country, listed on that same page.